Screen Galaxy T8 / Shop wants PIN??

THAIPHUKET

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-repair-mode-coming-for-galaxy-s21/

I tried but failed

I went down to device protection but they don't offer any option to select parts that you want to protect .. I activated the protection anyhow but when I restarted my tablet and try to restart without pin code which is the repair shop to do I have to enter my PIN code to code again..

Before doing all this I updated the tablet.

What am I doing wrong

The OP has a tablet not a Samsung S21. 

Yes shops need to get into your phone, laptop or tablet to see if it works.   At MBK they usually fix the device right in front of you.  45$ for VA new screen.   I was at a repair shop in USA and a lady had to pay 300$ for a new screen on her new s22 and she had no insurance. 

I have the S21 ultra and just tried the maintenance mode. It works.  It didn't let me select what to protect.  It says it protects blocks access to pictures, data, and all apps that wee not preinstalled.  Then you can switch it back with pin or print.   But please tell me what damage that needs repaired allows you to  unlock your phone go into settings , scroll way down to battery and scroll to bottom to turn maintenance mode on  ?

Edited by Elkski

Elkski Mine is a Galaxy T8 .  Followed strictly the instructions of the Link.

I need certain folders, Google drive and other items with sensitive info to be petted.

This link didn't do it..

What now? Uninstall certain folders completely-Any risk?

If you can backup folders to Google drive then you can delete them on your T8 .  The Google drive is in the cloud not in your T8.    It just maybe hard to do this if your top half of screen isn't working.   There are 2 layers in a screen, the display and touch.   Perhaps by rotating the T8 you can do the commands required.

I guess a repair guy could put a new screen on without unlocking it.  But he probably wants to make sure that's the issue first.