Uzbek woman arrested with 2.23 kgs of Cocaine at Phuket Airport

webfact

A post with a trolling YouTube video has been removed. 

A post and a reply complaining about ads has been removed.

22. You will not discuss methods of bypassing or blocking advertisements on ASEAN NOW, other websites or circumventing any censorship of the internet or other communications by lawful authorities.

37. You will not post negative comments concerning advertisements on ASEAN NOW or our sponsors. 

13 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

There will never be any shortage of poor people prepared to take risks. 

Poor / desperate / naive / coerced - take your pick or mix and match.

I remain thankful that I am fortunate enough not to be in a position where taking such a huge risk actually seems like my best or only option - clearly for some it actually does. 

• Thanks 1

I feel badly for lady involved. Best to conduct this business in a Western country where the penalties are lighter and the profits larger.  If I were inclined to, my choices would be Australia, the UK, or Canada.  Norway might have some pretty groovy "prisons".

22 hours ago, cdemundo said:

There used to be signs in the Taiwan airports warning that smuggling drugs was punishable by death.

I don't think they have been up in recent years so maybe laws there have changed.

Dada is Death was a sign I seem to remember. 

On 1/21/2023 at 5:48 AM, cdemundo said:

There used to be signs in the Taiwan airports warning that smuggling drugs was punishable by death.

I don't think they have been up in recent years so maybe laws there have changed.

Singapore Changi Airport I believe still has those Signs up

Singapore:

The death sentence applies to traffickers carrying methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine or cannabis products above a certain threshold. In Singapore, the threshold for heroin is 15 grams or more. In comparison, under US Federal Trafficking penalties, first-time offenders caught trafficking 100 to 999 grams of heroin face prison terms between 5 and 40 years. Longer and harsher penalties potentially apply if the dealing causes death or serious injury.

Link: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/10/21/asia/singapore-executions-death-penalty-drug-trafficking-intl-hnk/index.html

Edited by MJCM
Forgot to add link

On 1/21/2023 at 5:44 AM, GroveHillWanderer said:

It matters massively. As others have pointed out, depending on which country you're arrested in, the sentence can range from a relatively few years in jail, to the death penalty. Indonesia for instance, has a long history of executing people (of all nationalities) for drug smuggling.

Indonesia is well known for its executions. They tend to gather up a couple of dozen convicted killers and drug smugglers every few months and ship them off to a small island where they are lined up against a wall and it’s good night everyone. 

4 hours ago, Dazkkk said:

Indonesia is well known for its executions. They tend to gather up a couple of dozen convicted killers and drug smugglers every few months and ship them off to a small island where they are lined up against a wall and it’s good night everyone. 

Many many years ago I came back from Oz via Singapore and then overland to Bangkok. I've never ever recovered from the stare the immigration/customs officer gave me at I think the Malaysian border. It sent a chill down my spine and scared the living daylights out of me. Seemed to be looking into my soul. If I'd had anything I'd have cracked there and then, but it worked. Never EVER mess with these guys.