90 Day Reporting

What is the opinion of forum members on 90 day reporting, do it all by post or visit in person??

This year I have had several mail items going missing on being sent to my rented house, now I have opened a PO box at the local post office and mail is getting through once again.

Last time I went to Bangkok immigration the amount of people waiting at the 90 day counters put me off.

Though if you do go in person it means a beer and some shopping before catching bus home.

Mail to houses can be very erratic, with the PO box you should be fine.

If you are concerned about the delivery to Immigration then send the letter registered (long tabien).

The extra cost is very small and you have peace of mind.

If you use mail it is required that you use registry service in the official paperwork. But that will not help in getting the receipt and he needs that for the next report. If you live in Bangkok you are expected to do this report in person rather than by mail. There are at least three locations you can use. Suan Plu, Novetel Airport and One Stop Service Center just up the street from Central Plaza Lat Phao at Rasa Tower 2, Floor 16.

The only time I did it my mail, it arrived but immigration called and said I omitted a needed document.

When I went to their office in Chiang Mai, I spotted the missing document in the pile of documents I sent in. mai pen rai.

I go in person, in Chiang Mai it is a dream compared to BKK from what I have read.

The only time I did it my mail, it arrived but immigration called and said I omitted a needed document.

When I went to their office in Chiang Mai, I spotted the missing document in the pile of documents I sent in. mai pen rai.

I go in person, in Chiang Mai it is a dream compared to BKK from what I have read.

I don't understand the problem, I live in Khon Kaen and have always used EMS mail to Nong Khai and I receive the confirmation slip back within days. Easy and painless.

Nong Khai require (for example):

Notification (best by registered mail)

1. Copy of all passport pages (up to the latest arrival stamp in the Kingdom or latest visa stamp). I usually sign and date each photocopy sheet.

2. Copy of arrival/departure card TM. 6 (front and back)

3. Previous notifications of stay over 90 days (if any). Only the last returned confirmation slip usually, as the office keeps each old one

4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM. 47 (Nong Khai like you to use the one they send you each time, as it has their office stamp on it (I am told many other offices are not worried about this)

5. Enclose an envelope with applicants home return address and stamp affixed to it (current postal charge) for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.

6. The above mentioned documents are best sent by registered mail (EMS) and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

7. Send the mail approx 5 to 7 days before the renewal date to your local Immigration Office.

All being well this procedure should work like "clock work" and does for me and many others I know of. I would not even think about the 3 hours journey to deal with it in person (pointless and unnecessary) for me when dealing with Nong Khai.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Dave

Thanks all for the info on 90 day reporting. I will do it all by mail. I am familiar with EMS and registered mail in Thailand. You can track your mail with EMS (within Thailand) by using the Thai post office web site.

It was just a post on the forum some weeks back about someone visiting immigration and there being a pile of 90 day reports all awaiting 2,000 baht fines for irregularities etc that started some pondering!

I will of course as in all my dealings with immigration/consulars throughly go through my checklists !!!

regards

Ban Phu Toei 2