Need an electric frying pan

cubism001

Where can I buy a normal Western electric frying pan in Chiang Mai?  A flat bottom, smooth (teflon) surface, thick handle, a cord that plugs in?  I have near tragedies with the various kinds of  ridged surfaces and dual sided plates-- scrambled eggs get lodged; they grills aren't built for cooking foods like French toast, pancakes,grilling meat etc.  They were easy to find in China when I worked there.  But it's really a pleasure being back here. Thanks.

Central Online comes up with decent sale now & then.  I got a nice carbon steel, ceramic coated fry pan (Cuizimate ฿299), and one of my favorite atm.   Just searched and not available.

We have an Electrolux induction cooker, though hindsight, should have got the better model, with more temp options.  Takes a bit of getting used to, as heats pan surface almost instantly.

More a gas cooking fan myself, as easier to control.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Why not buy a flat bottomed, smooth Teflon surfaced, thick-handled frying pan which goes on the gas/charcoal/electric hob?

Oh, now I remember. I never knew they were induction.  I also had one in China. Not the best, because they only accepted certain kinds of pans...Has that changed? Or what kinds of pans to you use? The Ch ones cut off automatically when you were searing meat or popping popcorn...

I live in a large-ish bedsit without a normal stove.  Another alternative in China for lots of foreigners was a normal square Western electric skillet with a metal lid. They don't seem to be available here; I'll look at Robinson's & see what they have. 

I have seen small electric hot plates here (white with grey burners). Has anyone used them?  Gas isn't allowed in quite a few bedsits/apts. here. With high hopes for finding a good heat source, I brought two good normal skillets on the plane.  Thank you 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

I live in a large-ish bedsit without a normal stove.  Another alternative in China for lots of foreigners was a normal square Western electric skillet with a metal lid. They don't seem to be available here; I'll look at Robinson's & see what they have. 

Lazada really is your friend.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, cubism001 said:

Oh, now I remember. I never knew they were induction.  I also had one in China. Not the best, because they only accepted certain kinds of pans...Has that changed? Or what kinds of pans to you use? The Ch ones cut off automatically when you were searing meat or popping popcorn...

If a magnet will stick to the pan (iron), it's usually good for an induction cooker.  All new pans will be labeled anyway, for energy sources.

Steer away from cast iron, as it's a bit too much, and a techie told me it will degrade the cooker.  Besides, it will probably scratch up the cooking surface also.  Big cast iron fan, but keep to the gas hobs.

• Thumbs Up 2