BBQ sauces and rubs

essex boys

Hi all, I’m struggling to find decent bbq sauces and rubs here in Thailand, anyone know where to buy the rubs and sauces from America or Australia? , I’ve contacted a few places in both countries and they are reluctant to mail stuff…

Edited by essex boys

For sauce and marrinades I tend to use a can of Cola as the base. Any Cola will do, diet Cola works if one is worried about sugar content. Add garlic; celery, onion, chilli, cinnamon, coriander, liquid smoke if you have it and basically, any thing else I think might go well. 

Boil and then reduce. Remove any big pieces or liquidise. Never fails.

Living in a hot climate, as we do, it's also easy to make "salts" for rubs. Put onion, celery, ginger and garlic in the sun for a couple of hours. Grind in a machine or pound in a pestle and mortar. Can do with capsicum too to make your own paprika. Make a lot and store in a jar. Should be good for a couple of months.

Does anybody know the exact variety of BBQ sauce that is served by Burger King and The Pizza Company?

I'm 99% sure it's made by Heinz, but that information on it's own isn't particularly helpful as Heinz seem to have about a bazillion sub brands of BBQ sauce.