Germany now confirms it WILL send 14 Leopard Tanks !

Social Media

9 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Tanks cannot be transported in a suitcase. So it should be pretty clear to the Russians how they will get to Ukraine. It's hard to understand why they don't stop deliveries like this. Is this so complicated?

They've been supplying deliveries much larger than tanks for months, why should they stop? Whats so complicated about it?

Have you forgotten HIMARS  or self propelled rocket launchers, 100's of them from many countries?

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They've been supplying deliveries much larger than tanks for months, why should they stop? Whats so complicated about it?

Have you forgotten HIMARS  or self propelled rocket launchers, 100's of them from many countries?

I am wondering that the Russians don't / can't stop such deliveries.

13 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

I am wondering that the Russians don't / can't stop such deliveries.

The orcs would love to intercept but so far failed. Its a tricky but successful process to transfer weapons and when in Ukraine territory the convoys are protected by surface to air missiles along the route. So no need to stop as you suggested nonsensically. 

About 75 percent of the arms are sent to staging bases in Poland, where Ukrainian troops pick up their cargo and take it back across the border. Admiral Heinz declined to identify two other neighboring countries where shipments are delivered, citing security concerns by those nations. The planners use different border crossings into Ukraine for weapons and for humanitarian assistance

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/us/politics/ukraine-weapons-center.html

Since Ukraine cannot use its air assets, such as helicopters, to protect the convoys due to Russian air superiority, Ukraine must secure convoys transporting the materiel by positioning soldiers with surface-to-air missiles, like the Stingers the U.S. is providing, in key terrain along the routes leading to the next staging areas.

https://theconversation.com/how-weapons-get-to-ukraine-and-whats-needed-to-protect-vulnerable-supply-chains-179285

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The orcs would love to intercept but so far failed. Its a tricky but successful process to transfer weapons and when in Ukraine territory the convoys are protected by surface to air missiles along the route. So no need to stop as you suggested nonsensically. 

About 75 percent of the arms are sent to staging bases in Poland, where Ukrainian troops pick up their cargo and take it back across the border. Admiral Heinz declined to identify two other neighboring countries where shipments are delivered, citing security concerns by those nations. The planners use different border crossings into Ukraine for weapons and for humanitarian assistance

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/27/us/politics/ukraine-weapons-center.html

Since Ukraine cannot use its air assets, such as helicopters, to protect the convoys due to Russian air superiority, Ukraine must secure convoys transporting the materiel by positioning soldiers with surface-to-air missiles, like the Stingers the U.S. is providing, in key terrain along the routes leading to the next staging areas.

https://theconversation.com/how-weapons-get-to-ukraine-and-whats-needed-to-protect-vulnerable-supply-chains-179285

Obviously you didn't understand what I wrote. I didn't write that the West should stop deliveries. I wrote that I am wondering that Russia doesn't stop them. They have hypersonic missiles. Air defence seems to be useless against them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

Obviously you didn't understand what I wrote. I didn't write that the West should stop deliveries. I wrote that I am wondering that Russia doesn't stop them. They have hypersonic missiles. Air defence seems to be useless against them. 

Correct just re read your first post. Obviously their intel is not good enough

1 hour ago, Tug said:

It’s history and the response ie the consequences of the last time this happened in Europe that is driving the response this time it’s just a different aggresser this time. also the German response frees up other countries to contribute  

Speaking of that history, there have been a number of posts on this, and other threads, along the lines of "stop fighting Russia, or WWIII will start".  Very sensible advice.  Let Putin take over Ukraine, so he can "rescue" the Russian speakers living there, in order to avoid a world war.  If only the Allies had thought of that back in 1938, and allowed Hitler to invade Czechoslovakia unopposed so he could "free" the German speakers of the Sudetenland.  Why, then there would have been peace in their time, and no WWII.  I'm sure Putin, just like Hitler was with the Sudetenland, would be perfectly happy with Ukraine as a new toy to play with, and wouldn't immediately start casting eyes on the Baltic states, egged on by the West's laying down and rolling over.

And how dare Ukraine provoke such an invasion by giving these Russian speakers a place to live following the break up of the USSR.  Not only that, it then gave up its nuclear weapons, a sure sign of weakness in Russian eyes, and remained alongside it, sharing a border like a couple of estranged neighbours.  Of course Putin had to invade. What else could he do?  He's a manly, bare chested, staged judo fighting, horse loving man.  He must have been seething at the thought of those Ukrainians doing their own thing, perhaps talking about him in a funny way.  People would have laughed at him if he hadn't invaded.  Well, no one's laughing at the clown now.

(Note, because I know someone will rush to correct/argue with what I wrote: Sarcasm.)

• Like 2