Schooners now $12.00! Australia, the lucky country!

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of wine, that's why I moved to Thailand. I have a Jacob's Creek Sav Blanc wine addiction and it only costs $8 a bottle at my local ($6 from Dan Murphy's if I want to drive).

In Thailand the same bottle costs near $30 (700 baht) so I don't go near the stuff and drink 60 baht Singha's instead 😀

16 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Speaking of wine, that's why I moved to Thailand. I have a Jacob's Creek Sav Blanc wine addiction and it only costs $8 a bottle at my local ($6 from Dan Murphy's if I want to drive).

In Thailand the same bottle costs near $30 (700 baht) so I don't go near the stuff and drink 60 baht Singha's instead 😀

Other than Islamic countries, Thailand is probably the worst "wine" experience any foreigner tourists, or expat, could have. 

The owner of Thai Bev' can't have foreign companies eating into his profits.

On 1/28/2023 at 8:41 AM, Celsius said:

I didn't know you have to pay to see a doctor in Australia.

Was this always the case? 

I guess Canada does come ahead in something.

I never paid a cent to see a doctor, but I am a pensioner. I go every 5 months for check-up and new prescriptions.

11 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Other than Islamic countries, Thailand is probably the worst "wine" experience any foreigner tourists, or expat, could have. 

The owner of Thai Bev' can't have foreign companies eating into his profits.

I drink only wine (red) I buy a 5-litre cask for just 14 AUD.

18 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I drink only wine (red) I buy a 5-litre cask for just 14 AUD.

The price has gone up since you last posted what you paid for wine in Aldi.

Got a link this time?  You didn't last time. 

I have a link. 

https://www.aldi.com.au/groceries/liquor/wine/

No 5L casks at Aldi.  More BS from you. 

Just now, KhunHeineken said:

I have a link. 

Aldi sells 4 litre casks I buy mine from Dan Murphy's now since I can order online.

25 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I never paid a cent to see a doctor, but I am a pensioner. I go every 5 months for check-up and new prescriptions.

And I bet you get the best immigrant doctor, fresh out of uni from a 3rd World Country, sent to the middle of nowhere in Australia, so they can gain PR. 

What fine medical care you receive, but hey, it's free, but then again, so is Dr. Google.   :cheesy:

4 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I have a link. 

Soft Dry Red 5LDan Murphy's 14.99

https://www.danmurphys.com.au/dm/home

5 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

And I bet you get the best immigrant doctor, fresh out of uni from a 3rd World Country, sent to the middle of nowhere in Australia, so they can gain PR. 

What fine medical care you receive, but hey, it's free, but then again, so is Dr. Google.   :cheesy:

How many Australian doctors have you seen and how many carers or nurses?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

Give it a rest mate. I'm new to this thread but you are constantly attacking this guy. And if you think Perth is in the middle of nowhere recruiting 3rd world doctors than I wonder where you are actually from? Are you an Aussie?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Give it a rest mate. I'm new to this thread but you are constantly attacking this guy. And if you think Perth is in the middle of nowhere recruiting 3rd world doctors than I wonder where you are actually from? Are you an Aussie?

Just to add to your comment my wife is Thai and is a nurse and has been in Australia for 20 years 

14 hours ago, still kicking said:

How many Australian doctors have you seen and how many carers or nurses?

No public doctors. 

I maintain private health insurance in Australia, should a catastrophic illness / injury happen.   Eg. cancer.  I'll return to Australia for private treatment, with the insurance company paying.  

Once again, you are living on a shoe string budget in Australia, but passing it off on here as a great lifestyle. 

I think your lifestyle would be better in Thailand on the pension, like so many other members here, but your Thai missus is wearing the pants and you are locked into Australia. 

13 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Sydney, Australia.

Like you said, you are new to the thread.  You have no idea how much BS this member posts.   

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

Why are you even posting on this thread?  What is the point of you posting?  You have minimal connection to Thailand. 

What qualifies as a minimal connection to Thailand?

Does someone really need to have strong connections to Thailand to post in a "Home Country" sub-forum on a thread about cost of Alcohol in Australia?

Edited by Pattaya57

10 hours ago, still kicking said:

Tell me 

You post that your lifestyle on an aged pension in Australia is better than that of an Aussie expat living in Thailand, on the same aged pension.  It's BS.  If that was the case, all these Aussie expats on an aged pension would be living back in Australia. 

When asked for examples, your only examples were cheap cask wine and Medicare doctors.  It's laughable.   

9 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

What qualifies as a minimal connection to Thailand?

Does someone really need to have strong connections to Thailand to post in a "Home Country" sub-forum on a thread about cost of Alcohol in Australia?

The member bangs on about a great lifestyle in Australia on the aged pension.  If it's so good back there, why aren't all the Aussie pensioners living back there, and not just those in Thailand, but everywhere, including places like Bali etc? 

4 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

So why bother posting on here? 

You live, full time, in Australia. 

What relevance do your posts have for expats in Thailand? 

Pot/kettle from not old, not pensioner, not retired, not living in LOS, not a clue,boomer basher troll! Next.

• Like 1