New Residency for Thai Visa

I am presently on a year multiple entry non O Visa, because of marriage to a Thai woman, that I receive from the Thai Embassy in Canada. I usually make 2 or 3 visits, 70-90 days to Thailand each year.

We presently have a rented apartment outside of Bangkok. I use a copy of this rental contract to apply for my visa.

My wife and I are now discussing moving in with her parents at their house in their village in north-east Thailand.

My question is ..........what type of contract/document will we have to prepare/create as proof of our new accommodation for our Embassy in Canada for our next e-Visa application.

Her parents are not requesting a rental fee, although we will provide something.

Thanks

Mike

8 hours ago, MikeC6 said:

...My question is ..........what type of contract/document will we have to prepare/create as proof of our new accommodation for our Embassy in Canada for our next e-Visa application...

Does the website of the Thai embassy not have a list of the requirement documents?

8 hours ago, MikeC6 said:

I usually make 2 or 3 visits, 70-90 days to Thailand each year.

We presently have a rented apartment outside of Bangkok. I use a copy of this rental contract to apply for my visa

So you obtain a ME Non O marriage in Canada each year.

Notice that you stay under 90 days each visit. 

Personally I would do a lease with wife's folks just to satisfy what you have previously done. 

I see on https://ottawa.thaiembassy.org/en/page/visa?menu=5f213a85e65dbd7eb1463d9a that you have to use the eVisa application on thaievisa.go.th

During this application process, you will come to a page with the following: 

eVisa application.png

When I made this application, from Switzerland  two months ago, under point 6 "Proof of accomodation in Thailand" I uploaded copies of an invitation letter from my wife and of the house registration book for the residence listing my wife as a member of that household.

19 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Get a marriage visa with multi-entry stamp, that's the easiest

With rather limited trips to thailand and stays less than 90 days I feel his current option of ME Non O marriage valid for one year is excellent option and available eVisa. 

Would seem he needs zero interaction with immigration when in Thailand.

Non O extensions would also involve under consideration period and possible home visit.