Thai consulate - Ho Chi Minh city - 90 day tourist visa

I'm planning on flying into Ho Chi Minh City in March and applying there for a 90 day tourist visa, my second 90 day visa. I've already made my visa application appointment and downloaded their application form and I have the list of documents they want. I also see that they say it will be two business days to receive my new visa.

My question is, does this mean that when applying on Monday I will receive the visa on Wednesday? Also wondering if there is anything else I should know regarding getting the visa in Ho Chi Minh City. I do know I will need to get an evisa for Vietnam (USA citizen). Thanks.

You need eVisa for Vietnam USA citizen.

Only option is 30 day setv.

Simple process just did it.

Takes 3 business days. 

Your tourist visa is 60 days not 90.

You can obtain 30 day extension to the 60 at Thai immigration.

Re appointment.

If your appointment at Saigon is AM you can pick up at consulate next day PM .

Visas are am apply and pm pick up next day. 

Are you familiar with HCMC

Edited by DrJack54

Unless you like to visit Vietnam and make it a holiday trip, why are you planning to fly to Ho Chi Minh city and apply there for a 60-day Tourist Visa?

If you only do it for prolonging your stay in Thailand, it would be far more easy to do a simple same day border-run at a land-border closest to you. Then re-enter Thailand VisaExempt (no Visa needed) and you will be provided with a 45-day Permission to stay, which can be extended for 30 days at an Immigration Office. 

The process of being stamped out of Thailand, buying a Visa on arrival (or having bought it already on-line) of the adjacent country, and then re-entering Thailand providing you with a 45 day Permission to stay can be done in less than 30 minutes.