Russian teen faces years in jail over social media post criticizing war in Ukraine

Scott

image.png

Olesya Krivtsova sports an anti-Putin tattoo on one ankle and a bracelet that tracks her every move on the other.

The 19-year-old from Russia’s Arkhangelsk region must wear the device while she is under house arrest after she was charged over social media posts that authorities say discredit the Russian army and justify terrorism.

Russian officials added Krivtsova to the list of terrorists and extremists, on a par with ISIS, al Qaeda and the Taliban, for posting an Instagram story about the explosion on the Crimean bridge in October that also criticized Russia for invading Ukraine.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/29/europe/russian-teen-social-media-ukraine-war-intl-cmd/index.html

CNN.jpg

17 hours ago, Grusa said:

I am surprised Putin is still breathing. Where is 007 when you need him?

I have long thought a roving group of assassins, who take out the truly heinous, serial killing, madman dictators would be quite an amazing thing for mankind. Step over the line, and you have essentially revoked your right to consume oxygen. 

Of course there are alot of moral and ethical dillemas involved. But, are any of them beyond what people have to endure from true despots like Putin, Kim, Khomeini, Hun Sen, the Burmese generals, etc.? 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

I have long thought a roving group of assassins, who take out the truly heinous, serial killing, madman dictators would be quite an amazing thing for mankind. Step over the line, and you have essentially revoked your right to consume oxygen. 

Of course there are alot of moral and ethical dillemas involved. But, are any of them beyond what people have to endure from true despots like Putin, Kim, Khomeini, Hun Sen, the Burmese generals, etc.? 

How far you want to go then?

I miss a lot of so called leaders on your list.

Australia keeps refugees in a prison for years or on an island with nothing.

Refugees in the USA? For that matter even "my country" is doing the same.

Or just any country.

How would you explain the ridiculous military "help" in Afghanistan by all kinds of civilized countries?

Why Assad is still alive? The Palestine in Israel have a hard live, which stupid ones claimed Israel to be legal, starting all bs?

Ping is keeping many Chinese (Uyghurs) in a reforming camp.  

Erdoğan hunting on Koerts. 

It is every time the same, you replace a bad leader and another one pops up.

All in mankinds history and it seems to get worse, again, nowadays.

Fact is, there are too many people on the earth. 

• Like 1