Renewing 2 year license- was quoted 3000 thb - can I do it myself?

Yodarapper

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Everybody renewing 2yr license gets a five year one, but the OP's ran out in August so he must start again. Yes you can renew your license at any transport office.

Maybe I misunderstood you?

He will only get another 2 yr instead of 5yr?

21 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

wow. I never had a wait more than 5 minutes except when I showed up at lunch hour... 

Really, which office do you go to?

They take your photo, you do the tests, you may your money and they make the card in 5 minutes? truly remarkable.

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Really, which office do you go to?

They take your photo, you do the tests, you may your money and they make the card in 5 minutes? truly remarkable.

If you read a little more carefully, I said I never had to wait more than 5 minutes... not that the whole process was 5 minutes... mostly what I have gone in for was to pay for tax.. 

On 2/3/2023 at 9:30 AM, KhunBENQ said:
On 2/3/2023 at 8:05 AM, brianthainess said:

Everybody renewing 2yr license gets a five year one, but the OP's ran out in August so he must start again. Yes you can renew your license at any transport office.

Maybe I misunderstood you?

He will only get another 2 yr instead of 5yr?

15 minutes ago, Yodarapper said:

What do you mean I must start again??? Please don’t give me a heart attack?!

my license expired in august - can I not just renew it? 

also should I go to the nearest office close to my house?

I think he [brainthainess] meant that you get a 2 year licence  instead of a 5 year licence as pointed out by KhunBENQ... 

Usually someone would get a 2 year temporary licence, then when renewing they’d get a *5 year licence - It is possible that as the Op is 6 months ‘late’ he may only be able to renew to a 2 year Temp licence again. 

*An additional facet of renewal is visa type - at most DLT offices someone with a tourist visa or visa exempt stamp will only get a 2 year visa anyway, even when renewing. 

[mileage does vary and different DLT’s handle things in a different way so there is no one size fits all rule].

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think he [brainthainess] meant that you get a 2 year licence  instead of a 5 year licence as pointed out by KhunBENQ... 

Usually someone would get a 2 year temporary licence, then when renewing they’d get a *5 year licence - It is possible that as the Op is 6 months ‘late’ he may only be able to renew to a 2 year Temp licence again. 

*An additional facet of renewal is visa type - at most DLT offices someone with a tourist visa or visa exempt stamp will only get a 2 year visa anyway, even when renewing. 

[mileage does vary and different DLT’s handle things in a different way so there is no one size fits all rule].

Ah ok, which office should I go to? I live in bangna area, close to mega bangna - think officially samut prakan - should I look for a dlt office close to me?