Pattaya is a big mess

1happykamper

38 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Maybe Thai people don't complain as much as we foreigners do, and WE DO, so the government don't have the incentives to upgrade or increase their stuff and local services and just live as is, anyway, that's my opinion...

accept,accept,accept...mai pben rai !

2 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

The respective DLT in Krabi and Chiang Mai are huge compared to here. In typical Thai fashion.... Thailand government wants more tourists/others but has no facilities to support those visitors. 

To be fair, tourists should have little need of immigration or the land transport offices you focused upon.

(Just the TV or Exempt Extensions).

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably saved an hour, hand holding included and 5k down, up to you

Typical uninformed response. Hence my post. First visit... 1 hour travel time there and back from Jomtien. Wait about an hour... Check docs and get an appointment to return another day... for how many hours.. unknown. So no... It's waaaay more than an hour 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, 1happykamper said:

Typical uninformed response. Hence my post. First visit... 1 hour travel time there and back from Jomtien. Wait about an hour... Check docs and get an appointment to return another day... for how many hours.. unknown. So no... It's waaaay more than an hour 

The queuing in the heat has got to your brain, i was talking about using an agent where people still have to go to the Transport office

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Maybe Thai people don't complain as much as we foreigners do, and WE DO

We certain nationalities, mainly. But one of the lovable characteristics of Thais.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

he government don't have the incentives to upgrade or increase their stuff and local services and just live as is, anyway, that's my opinion...

Thai complaining is ignored unless social media (refuge in numbers) and big money (possibly as a result of social media exposure) is behind the complaint.

2 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

And your time is SO important, normally spent on . . . uh . . . .

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Salerno said:

As is the OP's board name :coffee1:

You don't understand what the true meaning of his handle is then do you......Often the phrase is used in a negative manner much like the OP's handle is his way of expressing his feelings........

3 hours ago, GypsyT said:

Sounds like Van Nyus DMV in California.....

No trip less than 3h.

Line around the building 30min before opening ????

It is why I would drive out to Simi Valley to deal with DMV when I lived in Granada Hills. Van Nuys was a s...hole.

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

Thais put up with a lot more than you do, routinely. Things are quite busy nowadays as tourism and the economy pick up. Whinging doesn't help. Preparation and timing do. I bring along my tablet, waiting rooms don't phase me. Maybe check the T, man up.

image.png.724ada65135d57c54740522de6e296aa.png

..or move to a quieter province?

Some ppl cannot live away from the herd.

????‍♂️????‍♂️