Pattaya is a big mess

1happykamper

26 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

..or move to a quieter province?

Some ppl cannot live away from the herd.

????‍♂️????‍♂️

Why? Nothing I can't handle. I, and others, like Pattaya for a number of good reasons that've been discussed ad nauseam. In fact, it's just another fine day to be here.????

"Herd" begs the question, merely troll rhetoric.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

Morning! I should add to my OP.... Look at that air outside! Pollution! High pm 2.5..... All of Thailand has poor air quality right now. Forcing people to visit government offices in their vehicles 2 times.. Or like me.. 4 times.. is NOT A GOOD IDEA... Just to get a document! Madness 555 555

Is not just about time.. It's about stupid waste of gasoline and needless pollution 

Have a lovely day. 

• Like 1

"Why are the government offices in this area so busy and simply chaotic?"

Well, I could write pretty much endless list of similar questions about how things are here. Yes there are things here and there that work efficiently are logically organised, however they are minority if not exception.

I would assume that at least most foreigners as well as some smarter locals know the answer, better not write here as could be deleted as derogatory...things are as they are can't help. For retired like me is manageable with fair amount of patience and ability not to think about all that <deleted> too much rather enjoy life - but I have also been wondering many times how on earth people can work and run their business with all that...

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, mran66 said:

I have also been wondering many times how on earth people can work and run their business with all that...

Exactly. If Thais, esp. those working in gov't offices (think how you'd like to work on the front line in Immigration, dealing with all those idiots day after day), seem a bit gruff or volatile, cut 'em some slack. Smile.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 2/1/2023 at 2:37 PM, Haveasay said:

Welcome to Thailand if you don't like it don't come...........isn't that the norm

Not everyone is here because “they” want to be. Many live here because “their” pension or savings are not sufficient in “their” home countries.

“They” are here because it’s cheap!

If “I” were a bit wealthier “I” would not be here “you” would move to Hawaii!

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

The few times I've been; Only twice for 2 year then my first 5 year.

I just treated it as an adventure on the island. Get up early drive over and see the early folks going to work, beginning their day.

Be at the offices before they open, visit the open air cafe on the other side of the licensing building, buy a delicious iced gafee buran and maybe a kanom treat, go sit with my number, people watch, say hello ... easy peasy.

I practice the awareness and remembered the wisdom of the older A.N members about LOS-time and processes and just chill out when I do go to govt offices (don't have to do that much at all thankfully).

'You're not in Kansas anymore Toto'.

No super-duper electronic license and Road Transport Office ID phone app's with everything on it; vaccinations, drug-allergies,  next of kin, donor info, license record, demerit point count, etc etc. here lol ????????????????

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2023 at 9:44 AM, newnative said:

Totally agree regarding local government offices.  One is in this part of town.  Another is in that part of town.  Almost all are in inconvenient locations, are too small, and lack enough parking.  The old, decrepit City Hall, sitting on now very valuable land, needs to be bulldozed and a new government complex built that houses all the agencies and has ample parking.   Pattaya has grown way too large to function well with small agency spaces that were set up years ago.   Pipe dream, of course.

No profits to be made from building offices, sand is the bread winner.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:28 AM, Saddic said:

Got my two DL's renewed w/agent... 1st event w/agent after appt at DMV, then another week+ before the upstairs tests, etc...  Agent said lots of Thai ppl just getting around to renewing too, due to covid ...  (btw, very glad I used an agent)...

Changed my old paper based lifetime licenses to plastic cards at DLT in Bkk, in and out within 15 minutes, great service/focused/polite/helpful/plenty of English.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Agreed.  It's a Thailand problem, not just a Pattaya problem.

It is more a big city problem than a Thailand problem.  To put it in perspective, does anyone remember what it was like in your home country?

I live in Pathum Thai, and everything here moves quite quickly as we do not have the huge numbers ll wanting it now.  People here go prepared with books, friends or phones.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:33 AM, ezzra said:

Maybe Thai people don't complain as much as we foreigners do, and WE DO, so the government don't have the incentives to upgrade or increase their stuff and local services and just live as is, anyway, that's my opinion...

Oh God no. The Thais' raison d'etre is whining.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:07 AM, Celsius said:

It seems to me like Farang likes corruption only when it benefits him, but when he tries to live like a Thai in Thailand it becomes a bit of an inconvenience. Aww.... poor you nepo baby. The airport is close by.

LOL second time I catch you with a weird comment. It is in fact the well-known Thais who only like corruption when it benefits them.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 1:09 PM, 1happykamper said:

Typical uninformed response. Hence my post. First visit... 1 hour travel time there and back from Jomtien. Wait about an hour... Check docs and get an appointment to return another day... for how many hours.. unknown. So no... It's waaaay more than an hour 

Your story is heart-breaking;

... will pray for you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Renewed both my licences last year.

Knowing full well the LTD at Banglamung was a shambles I visited another LTD within Chonburi.

In and out in 20 mins... pain and hassle free.

Quite. I use Chonburi DLT, that has been rebuilt in recent years, downside is they included a video room, never had one before.

When I went last year to make an appointment she said when do you want it, this afternoon or tomorrow.

I renewed mine during the COVID crisis and it went exceptionally smoothly. The agency was deterred and I was seen immediately. I had booked an appoint meant on the agency's website and taken the test there. Shockingly (for I have had zero experience of government websites functioning) the website worked as advertised.

On 2/1/2023 at 9:07 AM, 1happykamper said:

I was there to renew both 5 year licenses.,,,,  yada yada yada

Switch to e-bikes,  no license or registration needed.  No one needs to drive , plenty of options for public transport/ car hires.  You obviously are living with a fantasy first world mindset, yet you are in a third world.  Reality is that the world is not fair and the more complex you make your life the more you will be disappointed 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

I renewed mine during the COVID crisis and it went exceptionally smoothly. The agency was deterred and I was seen immediately. I had booked an appoint meant on the agency's website and taken the test there. Shockingly (for I have had zero experience of government websites functioning) the website worked as advertised.

Well that's just great. No online appointment system now. Go to the dlt to get an appointment and return about 10 days later... Bug first go to immigration to get the residency done certificate. 

You are the one in la la land 555. I'm keeping it real. Including my desire to go on a road trip from time to time and rent a car! 555