Do you have any goals in life?

bob smith

10 hours ago, proton said:

If there is one thing more boring than a drunk it's somebody who gave up drinking, they never stop going on about it and telling you how long it is since they gave it up.

Indded.

Actually, there's nothing more pious, condescending and arrogant than a reformed type. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Denim said:

Fact is , it's very easy to give up drinking. I know, I've done hundreds of times already.

As for a goal I would like to achieve ....for me , to do the Cape Wrath Trail would be a huge dream fulfilled.

Wanted to go there since I was a teenager but spent my life abroad. Going for a home visit in April and am tempted to give it a go but at 65 would probably be too much. That plus to buy all the hiking gear from scratch plus getting to the start point at Fort William then back again to the Isle of Wight could easily cost 600 pounds or more. Might have a few bottles of wine and a walk along the beach instead.

Almost the next best thing:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-MkLBdKS9KQRhoaVkk3ceqLdYhPuifNb

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Getting and MG EV was not one of your life goals ???? ????

Nah, it's just a machine to get from A to B.  Materialism isn't a goal, staying happy is.  Better toys help, but not needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

The little things keep me busy & happy around the house, if not O&A.

... Another day, another loaf of bread

... Made nice ham & shroom soup

... Winds died down, so flew the drone

... Set camera up in bathroom to vid bird nest

... Usual, dog taking me for walk at the park, and cruise surfside, make sure it's still there.

... of course the wife is here to enjoy her company

... plan the next outing, coffer shop / viewpoint

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rankric said:

Interesting. How do you know who to destroy? 

say i gain the money i want.

so i make some projects to build a school or some housing or something. then you hire a company to do the work.

then you find out the owner of the company is being a corrupt piece of s. so i then buy his company. fire him. then split his company up between his employees.

1 evil loser destroyed. 

things like that. 

evil doers (george bush) are all over the place. you know people who want to take advantage of those weaker than they are. people who use others for their own advantage. 

we all know what is right and wrong for the most part. those lines are clearly drawn for how a basic human should act. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

say i gain the money i want.

so i make some projects to build a school or some housing or something. then you hire a company to do the work.

then you find out the owner of the company is being a corrupt piece of s. so i then buy his company. fire him. then split his company up between his employees.

1 evil loser destroyed. 

things like that. 

evil doers (george bush) are all over the place. you know people who want to take advantage of those weaker than they are. people who use others for their own advantage. 

we all know what is right and wrong for the most part. those lines are clearly drawn for how a basic human should act. 

Agree with your sentiments, but IMO most have sold out to greed and will accept the evil doers as long as they are all right Jack.