What the end of the COVID-19 emergencies in the US means

Social Media

On May 11, the U.S. will no longer officially be in a COVID-19 emergency for the first time since the pandemic began three years ago.

While hundreds of COVID-19 deaths are still reported each day in the U.S. -- adding to a toll of more than 1 million -- public health experts say the Biden administration is likely looking to end the national and public health emergencies related to COVID-19 because the U.S. has high levels of immunity from previous vaccinations or infections, and the omicron subvariants that are circulating are producing milder disease.

The threat of the virus has also receded for many Americans, thanks to testing, treatments and vaccines.

• 1 month later...
On 2/1/2023 at 4:24 PM, Captain Monday said:

Perhaps non-resident adult aliens will be able to fly to US without vaccination?

https://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/novak-djokovic-withdraws-from-indian-wells-masters-on-eve-of-draw-3837401

So, this unvaxxed pro tennis player is unable to compete (enter) in USA because he's not vaccinated.

I don't remember the illegals and migrants entering US at southern border needing to show vax documents.

Joe is an idiot.

7 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

https://sports.ndtv.com/tennis/novak-djokovic-withdraws-from-indian-wells-masters-on-eve-of-draw-3837401

So, this unvaxxed pro tennis player is unable to compete (enter) in USA because he's not vaccinated.

I don't remember the illegals and migrants entering US at southern border needing to show vax documents.

Joe is an idiot.

Why compare a pro tennis player to illegals?    Prisoners don’t show a vax card, and some foreign dignitaries don’t.  I’m confused.

people are not people.   Think Joe would show one if he came to Thailand?

16 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Why compare a pro tennis player to illegals?    

Don't expect logic. It is a whataboutism. A large percentage of today's "intellectual" milieu. Then false grievance, the culture wars,  science denial, internet tropes, voodoo economics and bigotry.

19 hours ago, BananaStrong said:

Why compare a pro tennis player to illegals?    Prisoners don’t show a vax card, and some foreign dignitaries don’t.  I’m confused.

people are not people.   Think Joe would show one if he came to Thailand?

The migrants can enter unvaccinated but the tennis player can not. And, that doesn't sound strange.