King Charles will NOT appear on Australian $5 note.

King Charles III will not feature on Australia's new five dollar note, the country's central bank has announced.

The new design will pay tribute to "the culture and history of the First Australians", the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) says.

A portrait of the late Queen Elizabeth II appears on the current design of five dollar note.

The Queen's death last year reignited debates about Australia's future as a constitutional monarchy.

"This decision by the Reserve Bank Board follows consultation with the Australian Government, which supports this change," the bank said in a statement.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

The British royal family ancestors were slavers.

So what?    Africans were "slavers" also; is the current generation and the previous, and the previous responsible for the actions of their ancestors?

Where are you from, Old Croc?

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, proton said:

The royal family's ancestors were never involved in the salve trade, which the UK stopped it's involvement with in  1807 then spent 60 years trying to stamp it out with he Royal Navy on the W African coast where Africans were still selling them. 

What are the British monarchy’s historical links to slavery? | Monarchy | The Guardian

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're saying that India is destitute as a result of the UK's actions?   Presumably you've read your own links, I can't be arsed going through them all if you can't answer my question, all I asked was which countries were left destitute by the UK?   If you have to provide googled links, that you haven't read properly, I take it you can't name any.

At the time of the end of the colonial rule. I posted a link that made the argument you are alluding to.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1