Here are the rules about vaping in Thailand

webfact

Most thais ride motorbikes without helmets and ride on the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic ,they also like to weave in and out of traffic in a dangerous manner this being why so many are killed every year. But it would appear that RTP are more bothered by someone vaping, there is something wrong here.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PMinThailand said:

Wrong heading: The Thai Government introduced a ban on electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or ‘vaping’), shisha smoking, and electronic shishas in 2014, for “health reasons and to discourage young people from starting to smoke”

Correct heading: The Thai Government introduced a ban on electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or ‘vaping’), shisha smoking, and electronic shishas in 2014, to provide new opportunities for the corrupt police to collect money from foreigners.

..and to ensure that the Thai Tobacco Company retains a nicotine monopoly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

Indeed, if you are caught vaping or with a vape device as a foreigner then you will be extorted for tens of thousands of Baht.

Interesting.

But I've seen people outside a big C using vapes and the oil is sold in the wed night market 

I think there should be no rules reg vaping anywhere. 

By now it's established that they're more harmful than cigarettes. Which means all the idiots who willingly destroy themselves will pass. Only the smart ones remain. What's the holdup?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, nikmar said:

Bull####. the air in Bangkok this time of year, every year is toxic!! the government do nothing.

Because it does not prevent people from coming to Thailand looking for their future brides and sex orgies. And also, the reject of other countries who love to stay in Thailand year round and seeking for jobs in Thailand. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mike k said:

But I've seen people outside a big C using vapes and the oil is sold in the wed night market 

Yes, that would be my excuse too, do you think it will work? ????

Edited by ukrules

" ... Six Thai airports—Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi and Don Mueang, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Hat Yai, and Mae Fah Luang Chiang Rai—operated by the Airports of Thailand (AOT), were declared no-smoking zones in 2019, and all smoking rooms inside the terminals have since been closed. ..."

Suvarnabhumi  had a couple smoking areas outside when I  was there in Sept/Oct.  At least in the arrival/pickup area at ground level. 

21 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Because people are stupid and think vaping is like sucking on candy. It's not- it's exactly like smoking and sometimes even worse. The high-end devices and vape juice (eww) may be slightly less harmful than cigarette smoke, but the cheap mass-market devices contain various substances that may actually be more harmful

I always suspected they were less harmful.... 

But they are surely less unpleasant for 2nd hand smoke issues, places don't stink the same as they used to with regular  cigarettes. I am a great supporter of the idea of making cigarettes (and maybe vaping devices) more toxic for the users and less so for others... who cares what happens to these selfish types. 

The Thai Government introduced a ban on electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes or ‘vaping’), shisha smoking, and electronic shishas in 2014, for “health reasons and to discourage young people from starting to smoke”.

So in order to discourage young people from smoking they ban everything other than... actual smoking.  

Slow hand clap for the geniuses who make these daft laws, although I think we all know that the real reason for this is lawmakers taking kickbacks from the tobacco industry who see healthier options to their addictive, poisonous, cancer sticks as a threat to their future income.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2023 at 6:20 AM, webfact said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is reminding visitors to the country about this ban, which is part of the Tobacco Control Law, and the law prohibiting smoking in public areas.

Now this ban wouldn't have anything to do with the Tobacco industry losing business from it, would it ?

While their at it, why not ban cigarettes, period.....LOL

20 hours ago, Boyn said:

Most thais ride motorbikes without helmets and ride on the wrong side of the road into oncoming traffic ,they also like to weave in and out of traffic in a dangerous manner this being why so many are killed every year. But it would appear that RTP are more bothered by someone vaping, there is something wrong here.

I doubt the RTP are interested more in vaping than anything else.

The smoking/vaping thing is a gov. Law that the RTP know about, and can act on, if they feel like it.....????

• 2 weeks later...