spanner size?

proton

46 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Tell me about it!

You will also find that the larger adjustable won't fit under the sink! :whistling:

At this point call a plumber and crack a beer!

No chance they want 1500 baht just to turn up, Mrs would rather not use the tap!

12 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

If you can, get a pair of vice grips onto the nut then twist the tap.

image.jpeg.c9aae96c3e7e02e1d955499061b8a369.jpeg

Got one but not big enough to go round the nut, might have to get a bigger one

Edited by proton

1 minute ago, proton said:

No chance they want 1500 baht just to turn up, Mrs would rather not use the tap!

BUT.

You will get a continual ear-bending about the non-functioning tap.

Sooo, is it a. No nookie or b. Pay the man?

At your DIY store, you can buy a replacement hose with a plastic floating/sliding finger spanner on it, cheap as chips, buy 2. 

The first one cut an end off to get the plastic finger spanner. Then cut the end off the one you want to remove.

Slide the finger spanner up the hose you want to remove and see if it will undo with your fingers, if not, get about 12" of 1" plastic water pipe, cut slots in one end of the pipe, so the ears on the plastic spanner fits in it, now slide the pipe up the hose to locate the ears on the spanner and turn the pipe, if still tight glue a 90* on the other end of the pipe, job done.

If you want to replace that plastic tap nut, cut more slots in the pipe to undo it, use it to tighten the new one...:stoner: 

• Like 1

This one that Shopee sells looks pretty good after watching the video. At the end he shows three different options to buy depending on what you need. The Shopee one I linked to doesn't include the attachments but is cheaper if you don't need them.

https://shopee.co.th/Cotora-ประแจขันน็อตใต้อ่างอเนกประสงค์-เปลี่ยนก๊อกน้ำ-สายน้ำดี-จบในตัวเดียว-i.74527316.9997721087?sp_atk=e256c3e5-0d3e-4bb5-8a52-8beee200ce0b&xptdk=e256c3e5-0d3e-4bb5-8a52-8beee200ce0b

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Orinoco said:

Ok if all else don't work.

Undo the white plastic nut,( jam the tap above first to stop movement. )

Pull tap up, cut tap around thread area. with hacksaw.

The rest should be easy.

I reckon the tap nut will be the same problem.

My suggestion will cost may be 200bht, I have done a few for folk with my cheap fix....:stoner:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

Interesting what the "what else might interest you" suggestions came with that when I clicked on it.  Tells a sad, frustrating story of squeezing under the sink to replace a tap, leading to broken bones, and ending up howling at the moon while ripping peoples throats out...

image.png.ceea1ddd329e6ed231f0d0aa95f9545b.png

Been there and done that.

Now I have an apprentice until he goes to uni in May.

The worst case situation.

I may have to train 'er indoors.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

If you can, get a pair of vice grips onto the nut then twist the tap.

image.jpeg.c9aae96c3e7e02e1d955499061b8a369.jpeg

I recently replaced 3 faucet sets (two nuts each).  One more to go. I think I managed to loosen  the nuts using the tips of the Vise Grip jaws.  What pain!  Mine were inside a vanity cabinet in a very tight space - had to lay on my back in there. Not looking forward to replacing the last one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dante99 said:

I use a pair of pliers.  It is not a highly torqued joint, actually hand tightening is usually sufficient for those joints with a rubber washer.

Maybe cross threaded then forced the rest of the way on.

many moons ago by a Somchai. :giggle:

• Like 1