Jordan fires off first subpoenas against Biden admin

Scott

Jim Jordan pointing as he speaks while seated on a dais.

Judiciary Chair Jim Jordan unloaded the House GOP’s first subpoenas a month into the new majority, demanding records about certain Biden administration decisions regarding threats against school officials during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Jordan (R- Ohio) on Friday sent subpoenas to Attorney General Merrick Garland, FBI Director Christopher Wray and Department of Education Secretary Miguel Cardona — requesting a laundry list of documents by March 1, according to a review of the three subpoenas by POLITICO.

The subpoenas, which Jordan formally signed Thursday, are linked to a long-held GOP claim that federal agencies “targeted” parents.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/02/03/jim-jordan-subpoena-biden-administration-00081179

Goli Sheikholeslami Appointed CEO of POLITICO Media Group ...

12 minutes ago, Tug said:

Whilst I agree I think most likely the dems will respect the subpoenas as a matter of principle and showing they don’t have any reason not to 

Are you insinuating some Republicans have bad memories  before or after the storming of capital I'm I'm I'm not sure I speak with the president all the time

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, Tug said:

Whilst I agree I think most likely the dems will respect the subpoenas as a matter of principle and showing they don’t have any reason not to 

It's the turn of the Dem side to stall for time, you know, the way the 2016 election interference is still unresolved and 1/6 has yet to be dealt with by US DOJ -- only 22 months left for this Congress, but for actual work days it's less than half of that..  We already know how much respect Li'l Jimmy Jordan has for subpoenas.  We'll see how he responds to Smith's subpoena for himself. 

requesting a laundry list of documents by March 1     :cheesy:    Sure Jim, we'll get those right out to ya.

I hope Fetterman's health is improving, I want to see him pick up JJ by his collar, like a cat, and and dump him in a garbage can.

For a good time, search on:   jim jordan ohio state

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Dave0206 said:

Can you imagine how fox news and others would respond if Biden was to say " Russia if you're listening find dirt on my opponent I'm sure you will be well rewarded " or praise putin and take the side of Russia " he said he didn't do it and I believe him " not a bad result for Russia having another country say we believe you not our own security services 

Uh, I believe that is what is called a "joke", and to take it seriously is the height of ridiculousness.  Obviously a punch line in the Trump Show- if you watch the footage of it,  you would know. You would also know that he said the PRESS would reward them, not Trump. 

Plus, if you do truly believe that Trump was a Russian asset, he would not need to make such a public plea. He would have other, more nefarious and secret, means at his disposal to contact his masters in Moscow. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gargamon said:

Is fox news really accredited? Hard to believe. 

Probably not in your eyes judging by your question and answer!
One would be hard pressed to find  reporting of fbi whistleblowers being used to testify ,to support the oversight committees chairman claim. All for the American people to decide . 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-republicans-whistleblowers-fbi-investigations-outraged-parents

Edited by riclag

18 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

Very reputable news company except when taken to court and the defence is no reasonable person believes what we say ???? 

Yes and NO REASONALBE person would believe their #1 Liar.  Obviously millions of their viewers have no interest in truth....just being entertained by world class whiners and bs artist who are all in for a buck and know the more outrageous the BS the more eyeballs and $$.  Sad that so many grown adults are unable to separate truth from fiction.

Fox is an entertainment company according to them...not sure why they are even allowed to us the word news,

https://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-karen-mcdougal-case-tucker-carlson-2020-9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1