Do Snakes Sleep at Night?

GammaGlobulin

Just an innocent question:

How would you even know if you were alive?

If you were following FaceBook life, then, how would you know if you were actually living your life?

Because, you might just be living a FaceBook life, and not a life that you might have chosen, without FaceBook.

How happy do you appear to be on FaceBook?

Is your true happiness nothing but the INVERSE of the happiness you post on FaceBook?

I know it is.

And, you know it is.

White teeth can get you only...so far.....

All is an illusion.

image.png.9e37a85f42b4fc89701726e5ecc98e5f.png

3 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

Firstly there are NO Mambas in Thailand only in Africa ,,,but there are many snakes that are active by night , many are poisonous ,, pythons also  can be active at night if hungry  but its very unlikely one would be big enough to eat you , other poisonous creatures active at night are centipedes, Scorpions , spiders, ,, If walking around at night wear stout strong shoes r boots ,the most common  snake bites in Thailand are  russels vipers  and other leaf vipers that camofluage themselves in leaf litter and undergrowth as they are ambush predators , I am not a herpetologist but when a student i spent 6 months working on a snake farm in Israel collecting snakes  for research .  another snake species that is extremely  poisonous in Thailand is the bar girls you are more likely to be bitten by one of them .

Snakes is venomous and it is the venom if they bite we need to worry about. If you eat snakes, then a few snakes specious is poisonous.

Most common snakes to worry about in night is vipers. And a few kraits. No spiders or scorpions is to worry about.

Flashlight and a pair of boots should do it for you and walk slowly.

Sound and vibration really do nothing to scare snakes away.

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just an innocent question:

How would you even know if you were alive?

If you were following FaceBook life, then, how would you know if you were actually living your life?

Because, you might just be living a FaceBook life, and not a life that you might have chosen, without FaceBook.

How happy do you appear to be on FaceBook?

Is your true happiness nothing but the INVERSE of the happiness you post on FaceBook?

I know it is.

And, you know it is.

White teeth can get you only...so far.....

All is an illusion.

image.png.9e37a85f42b4fc89701726e5ecc98e5f.png

A Good question we never will have the answer to if we living in a reality or in an illusion.

At least we are living a real life in our own Illusion if we believe in our own Reality ????????

Personally, I prefer my teeth to have a natural color.

I have no need for very white teeth, at this time.

For some strange reason, many among us cannot accept who they are.

It's like, we wish to be more than we are, or, otherwise, we cannot be happy.

It's like we cannot accept not being forever young.

Maybe this is why so many are so unhappy.

Because, no one can be forever young.

And, no one can have perfect teeth, for long, especially when they are long in the tooth.

We now live in a Mad World, inhabited by people trying to attain the unattainable.

Nobody is satisfied.

Nobody is grateful for being alive.

Everybody ALWAYS wants MORE.

Until....they are close to losing their lives.

Then...They always sing a different tune.

Humans are such stupid animals...

As we all know....

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Personally, I prefer my teeth to have a natural color.

I have no need for very white teeth, at this time.

For some strange reason, many among us cannot accept who they are.

It's like, we wish to be more than we are, or, otherwise, we cannot be happy.

It's like we cannot accept not being forever young.

Maybe this is why so many are so unhappy.

Because, no one can be forever young.

And, no one can have perfect teeth, for long, especially when they are long in the tooth.

We now live in a Mad World, inhabited by people trying to attain the unattainable.

Nobody is satisfied.

Nobody is grateful for being alive.

Everybody ALWAYS wants MORE.

Until....they are close to losing their lives.

Then...They always sing a different tune.

Humans are such stupid animals...

As we all know....

If I can improve my appearance I will do, but there is a limit on how much you would like to spend, and what to do. Im willing ro spend quite alot to keep my smile bright and nice, natural white

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The fundamental problem with Human Life, as I see it, is that NOBODY is ever satisfied.

We ALL live an existence of dissatisfaction, and die not fully satisfied, no matter what.

You choose how satisfied you want to be! It all starts inside your brain! 

You know?

Probably, one of the saddest movie scenes I have ever watched, other than Old Yeller, is the ending of Midnight Cowboy.

https://youtu.be/o_OZJcVAiXE

YouTube does not allow embedding of the death scene from Old Yeller, most likely because it's too sad.

But, at least, they allow the death scene from Midnight Cowboy.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Electrochemical interactions inside your brain! are NOT a choice!

Everybody knows this, even Chomsky, by now.

Well, Im not going debate to much, but your brain plasticity could have been a great help if well trained and taken care of. Unfortunate it is newer science that becomes more available now, and good tools created by experience. 

Not only for depression or mental health issues, but also for those who want to reorganize their way of thinking to reach goals in life.

Just one link, and if you find it interesting, then search for more about your brain plasticity. 

Adult neuroplasticity: A new “cure” for major depression?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6488487/

13 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, Im not going debate to much, but your brain plasticity could have been a great help if well trained and taken care of. Unfortunate it is newer science that becomes more available now, and good tools created by experience. 

Not only for depression or mental health issues, but also for those who want to reorganize their way of thinking to reach goals in life.

Just one link, and if you find it interesting, then search for more about your brain plasticity. 

In truth, this Sunday morning, I would submit that there is no animal more depressed and depraved than the snake.

"The Hebrew word נָחָשׁ (Nāḥāš) is used in the Hebrew Bible to identify the serpent that appears in Genesis 3:1, in the Garden of Eden. In the first book of the Torah, the serpent is portrayed as a deceptive creature or trickster,[1] who promotes as good what God had forbidden and shows particular cunning in its deception. "

image.jpeg.2fad065bed2c90edbc18d5da25943437.jpeg

If only there were a cure for sad songs, then mankind would have very little music to listen to.

What do you listen to?

25 minutes ago, Hummin said:

HERE is TRUE beauty and happiness without being slaphappy:

I hope you enjoy this. I have linked this just for you....on a Sunday....

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In truth, this Sunday morning, I would submit that there is no animal more depressed and depraved than the snake.

"The Hebrew word נָחָשׁ (Nāḥāš) is used in the Hebrew Bible to identify the serpent that appears in Genesis 3:1, in the Garden of Eden. In the first book of the Torah, the serpent is portrayed as a deceptive creature or trickster,[1] who promotes as good what God had forbidden and shows particular cunning in its deception. "

image.jpeg.2fad065bed2c90edbc18d5da25943437.jpeg

If only there were a cure for sad songs, then mankind would have very little music to listen to.

What do you listen to?

Right now I have this one on my brain ????

Oh, I listen to new list pop,  smoth jazz, happy jazz, electronica, hip hop, funk, rnb, progressive rock, metal, but Pink Floyd is the only one who have stayed with me all of my life since I got the taste and strong feeling for music.

Right now I got this one of my brain, sitting on the balcony enjoying a cup of coffe.

https://youtu.be/FOS8KKnFmx0

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

HERE is TRUE beauty and happiness without being slaphappy:

I hope you enjoy this. I have linked this just for you....on a Sunday....

Oh, yes I have been listening to alot of classic masterpieces to, but not lately. Can create alot of emotions as well if right place and timing.

There is NOTHING so grand as JS Bach on a Sunday.

I have probably spent 20,000+ hours listening to JS Bach....since 1967.

So far, so good.

The Brandenburg Concertos, in my humble opinion, are for beginners.  Then, you can branch out to organ and harpsichord, and then to solo cello.

If you want to be uplifted, then JS Bach is for you.

If you have your own chamber, then chamber music might be suitable.

Hogwood is OK, maybe.

Still, Midnight Cowboy and Old Yeller remain the most depressing and sad movies I have ever seen in my life.

Both films should have been burned at Fahrenheit 451 degrees.

7 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

It was The World According to GARP, John Irving.

i have enjoyed reading John Irving - a Prayer for Owen Meany being one of my favourite books, 

A lot of his books always have an undercurrent of sexual abuse in them however.  slightly strange.

I believe Irving himself was abused as an adolescent.

There is NOTHING so grand as JS Bach on a Sunday.

I have probably spent 20,000+ hours listening to JS Bach....since 1967.

So far, so good.

The Brandenburg Concertos, in my humble opinion, are for beginners.  Then, you can branch out to organ and harpsichord, and then to solo cello.

If you want to be uplifted, then JS Bach is for you.

If you have your own chamber, then chamber music might be suitable.

Hogwood is OK, maybe.

Still, Midnight Cowboy and Old Yeller remain the most depressing and sad movies I have ever seen in my life.

Both films should have been burned at Fahrenheit 451 degrees.

We need a good dose of happiness, sadness, hope and solutions in a great mix, but we have to leave the past to reach future! 

Essential 

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

never listened before - ive been finding my feet with classical music a little since my old man passed. Sundays. Ive started waking early and have been experimenting, shall we say. Early morning with coffee and the news is now my favourite time of day - recently accompanied by the Four Seasons and the Pastoral Symphony - so a big thanks for widening my world this morning .