Thai passports expired

One or two family members (dual passport holders) will have expired Thai passports when arriving back to LOS. What are the latest reports from members arriving in Bangkok? Have any rules changed for citizens ... out of the regular visits loop since Covid etc. Info from local consulates was gibberish at best.

Thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

Only for adult Thai citizens aged 20 and above

Yes, I just looked it up or 17 if married......It does cause an issue for some.  Since she will be in College the next time it expires she will just have to do it through the Thai Embassy in Washington DC or the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys. We've done the return with expired before and it's been okay - Mrs Rasi was given a stern warning, despite there being no law against it. We've found it's far easier to get them in country than doing it in OZ - due to time/distance and lack of clarity locally, as stated.

Cheers ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Should have no problems arriving and entering on the expired Thai passport, my Thai born US citizen daughter arrived in December for the holiday, she is now 14, and instead of entering on her US passport she went through the Thai gates.  The gate she used beeped and would not let her through and so one of the I/O's walked over to see what was up.  She showed the passport, it had expired in November, and she was waved through and told to get a new one pronto. She was taken to the passport office near my condo, which is in the Khlong Toey MRT station, where the paperwork was done and within 5 days she had the new passport.  I thought Thailand was going to start issuing 10 year passports but apparently not, maybe because she is just 14.  She flies alone back and forth now to visit her grandparents here and myself when she drops into BKK.

If you want the ten year one you have to ask for it, costs a little bit more

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, flexomike said:

If you want the ten year one you have to ask for it, costs a little bit more

She was under the age as she was 14. Expires when she is 19 this time, but she will do it in the US at the Embassy or a consulate as she will be in College during the time it expires.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

My wife and son both with dual Thai/UK Nationality have entered Thailand on expired Thai passports twice and never encountered any problems. She has arranged her visits back home around the time their passports expired and renewed them in BKK. I think from memory, the passports are posted to her home there within 2 weeks. ????

Edited by Dazkkk
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Dazkkk said:

My wife and son both with dual Thai/UK Nationality have entered Thailand on expired Thai passports twice and never encountered any problems. She has arranged her visits back home around the time their passports expired and renewed them in BKK. I think from memory, the passports are posted to her home there within 2 weeks. ????

Did the airline ask to see the Thai Passports?