Permanent Resident buying condo in Thonburi

Hi all,

I hold Permanent Residency, and am buying a condo in Thonburi (near Pho Nimit BTS station). One benefit of PR is that you don't have to show money coming from abroad when purchasing a condo, however when I purchased a condo in Cha am, the land and house dept insisted I show the money had come from abroad and ignored my PR saying it didn't matter. Luckily I had transferred money already and used the correct form from the bank to avoid further hassle. 

This time however I don't have funds to transfer from abroad, and want to actually use PR status to buy the condo without showing funds from abroad. 

My question is this: Has anyone had experience as a PR buying a condo in this area (near Pho Nimit BTS station), and did they come up against any nonsense regarding showing money coming from abroad? In other words will they play by the PR rules? And if not, is there a form (in Thai) that I could show the land and house dept. if they refuse to play by the rules of PR? Or any other advice to get around this problem?

Also I can't find where the department is for this area. Anyone have any idea, or how to contact them?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

P.S. Not buying the condo is not an option.

That's sound advice Onemorefarang.

I am always polite and smile away in the face of nonsense, however the official in Cha am land department was adamant, and my representative (not the best evidently) said the different departments make up their own rules and I either do what he says or the deal will not happen. I am just trying to avoid a similar situation. I will however use your phrasing "I think there is a rule people with residency are allowed to do xyz. Can you maybe check for this..."

Thank you

• Like 1

Strange, why should anyone ask "where's money come from?". Back in 1999 I bought condo in Bangkok from thai woman married to taiwanese fella. All paperworks were held by old dude at the condo office. No questions were asked, only proof of payment and passports.