90 Day Report

Currently I have a non-o extension, based on retirement. I am planning a trip out of Thailand and be back April 22. I would have to do a 90 day report by July 20th, but would anything happen if I didn't do a report at airport immigration if I leave Thailand around July 27th (7-10 days after the report date. I know you can report 5 days after date) and not return in about 18 months and by that time my extension would have expired and I would just enter under visa waiver, I am Canadian, as I am only go to stay no more than 30 days for each trip in the future.

54 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

2,000 Baht fine if they pick it up at Immigration at the airport.

Unlikely that they'll pick this up there, I think. More likely that he'll need to face the music at his local office in due course after his return to Thailand.

EDIT: Just picked up that he's planning to return to Thailand visa-exempt with no intention to stay here long-term in future. So, unless he subsequently needs to do any business at a local immigration office at any time in the future, he may well be OK!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dsj said:

. I would have to do a 90 day report by July 20th, but would anything happen if I didn't do a report at airport immigration if I leave Thailand around July 27th (7-10 days after the report date

Nothing would happen at airport on departure.

They would not check 90 day reports. 

However if you do online reporting online it only takes couple of minutes. 

Don't see reason to skip it. 

• Like 1