O-A extension Insurance

I was under the impression that the Insurance requirement had been increased from 400,000 inpatient and 40,000 outpatient to something like 3 million when doing the 1 year extention.

I have just been for a 90 day report and due to the extension being due in June, the officer said to do the next 90 report and the extension at the same time in May. I don't know what made me ask, but I did and asked how much Insurance was required and he said for )-A 400,000/40,000 the same as before. I shall be delighted if this is true, but I want to check here, I did ask him to double check which he did and informed me he was right the first time.

So I need some input please. Many thanks

Insurance requirements for extensions from a non O-A were changed.

The attached thread has links to options.

The thread also outlines way to kill off the non O-A and move to non O retirement.

This thread is also helpful.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1263789-non-immigrant-oa-visa-health-insurance/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

It was only this morning I was at immigration, Is it 3 million and the officer got it wrong, or is it 400,000/40,000, one would think the immigration officer would know. Can someone give me a straight answer without referring me to other posts. Many thanks

1 hour ago, JWRC said:

It was only this morning I was at immigration, Is it 3 million and the officer got it wrong, or is it 400,000/40,000, one would think the immigration officer would know. Can someone give me a straight answer without referring me to other posts. Many thanks

The officer got it wrong.

Read the threads I posted and you will have current insurance requirements and links to various insurance companies. 

• Like 1

I recommend following Dr Jack54's advice.  

I previous had a Type-OA visa, and I left Thailand in August last year, to deliberately void my permission to stay on an OA-Visa.  I re-entered Thailand in October last year on a 45-day Visa exempt.  As soon as I was healthy to do so (on the 45-day Visa exempt permission to stay), I went to Thai immigration (in Phuket) and applied for a 90-day Type-O Visa (based on retirement), which I was given in early December last year, back dated to when my 45-day Visa exempt permission to stay expired.

Then in January this year I applied for a one-year extension on my Type-O Visa permission to stay (based on retirement).  I previous had the required 800K baht in my Thai bank account (same amount I used for my Type-OA visa the years prior).

Currently the Type-O Visa has no requirements to have Health Insurance.  I do have superior health insurance (exceeds even the latest Thai immigration requirements for Health Insurance) but it is not accepted by Thailand as its not from the Thai branch of a Health Insurance company which is a Type-OA Visa requirement.