guy in room next to me wont stop smoking weed what can i do

yogavnture

On 2/10/2023 at 12:32 PM, Hummin said:

Where in Thailand is this? 

I talked to my neighbour about annoying behavior, and he did actually listening to me, and quit his morning sessions watching fox news during my coffe time at sunrise. He started using headphones instead of open speakers. 

But if you can  not solve it yourselves without killing somebody, then move. Life is to short as said to have those negative feelings.

i did move to another place now a stoner wearing tie die  is blasting rasta farian music at 7 am during my meditation when will this end

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, yogavnture said:

i did move to another place now a stoner wearing tie die  is blasting rasta farian music at 7 am during my meditation when will this end

I guess you have to rent a bungalow, if I knew your about and budget I could help you! Or if you tell me what you want around you, I can tell you where to go.

Beach, quiet, but if you want to stay around people, 7/11 close by, and more spiritual people around you, you have what you have and what you might get! 

On 2/10/2023 at 1:24 PM, Jackbenimble said:

the police dont care aboutt hings like this.........reporting him will only alert them to you and you dont want that. They don't like snitches.

so what do i do just accept that i have to breathe weed smoke every where i go.  reporting illegal activity is not snitching.  its protecting public safety

• Haha 1

Just now, jvs said:

Meditation and medication to not belong together. Period

Meditation is the real drug itself, and you need to experience it to know it. Quite powerful actually, and a great feeling for hours after you practiced it. But it takes alot of dedication, and with all the disturbance we have around us, it is almost impossible to succeed doing it in crowded areas.  

6 minutes ago, yogavnture said:

so what do i do just accept that i have to breathe weed smoke every where i go.  reporting illegal activity is not snitching.  its protecting public safety

Isn't your alleged lifestyle at odds with your posts.

Would have thought meditation and Yoga would indicate calm acceptance of those around you.

Smoking cannabis is not a public safety issue.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/10/2023 at 12:11 PM, yogavnture said:

they dont care i think management is addicted to weed as well......i can tolerate it rest of the day.  but not when i do my yoga and meditate

Its plainly obvious you need to meditate more deeply so the weed doesnt bother you.   You desire to not be bothered by the smoke.  Remember the Buddhist principle: 

Desire is the root of all suffering.  Remove the desire and you remove the suffering.

Oh and add a couple of Hail Marys to be sure and you got it all well and truly covered.  Easy peasy!  

:stoner: 

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2023 at 4:11 PM, yogavnture said:

they dont care i think management is addicted to weed as well......i can tolerate it rest of the day.  but not when i do my yoga and meditate

Go and find a natural spot with shade, lay out your mat, and do your practice there. Its far better to practice outside in contact with the earth anyways.

Unless the smoke is really thick and you sit right in the path of the plume of smoke I doubt of you'll get high or sick just from the smell.

• Like 1

It is simply time to pack up and move. It is not like you are giving up the nicest home you have ever lived in. It is a guest house. Plenty to choose from. Maybe stay a few nights next time to determine who your neighbors are and the kind of clientele the place attracts. 

It is a very simple solution to a very simple problem. 

Jeeze,

It should be obvious that the "unknowable universal consciousness" is trying to teach you something.

Your current method of seeking clarity is not doing it and you are experiencing a dissonance between your chosen path and the material world.

I might suggest that you begin to stop forcing a reality, stop spending so much time with us fools on this forum, and get fricken high already. Jeeze.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/10/2023 at 12:19 PM, yogavnture said:

i think hotels should have a policy of no weed smoking in the hotel. if the weed smokers want to get high they can go out to the street. its legal now

Or you can just do your meditation under a three like good old Mr. Guatama. Where is the guy? Tell him I´ll "joint" in :stoner:

Guest house Hotel look at the door to see if smoking inside is permitted!  If there is a sign ask management to enforce it them also being stoned isn't relevant. 

Second as noted started looking to move no excuses as why not! 

3rd, . You being into yoga might help you relax be more flexible as they say bend with the times. 

7 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Please troll harder.

As someone who has attended a Rastafarian Groundation ceremony in the hills of Jamaica, I can assure you that the reggae beat is the heartbeat, handed down from the ancient healing rhythms of the Yoruba. 

Learn from them, emulate them. Legalize it, don't criticize it.

???? Well depending on which horizon or tribe you belong to!

He might as well be trolling, but for the defense of the tread itself, it is a very much likely scenario to be experienced, meditate in the morning or not! 

Moving until you find your spot is the way to go! 

• Like 1

1. Find a ganja friendly guest house.

2. If the hotel or guest house specifies that it's rooms ore 'non-smoking,' then respect it;  And...

...return to item #1.

Edited by connda

On 2/10/2023 at 12:11 PM, yogavnture said:

You need to move, not complain.  There are plenty of guest houses available.  Look for guest houses that cater to people who do yoga (however, in my own experience from my solo (sans wife) trips to Pai, I've found the guest houses catering to people who do yoga to be the places where your could find - weed - and other mind-expanding sort of stuff)   :thumbsup:

• Like 2