guy in room next to me wont stop smoking weed what can i do

yogavnture

2 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Classic case of 'never buy in Thailand, only ever rent'...........you are never going to stop him.

Excellent cliche

What your next trick, finding a way to make this about hookers?

Edited by n00dle

15 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Call and order a large pizza to be delivered to him, that will stop him from smoking for awhile as he will have the munchies...

after enough years eventually all that goes away and you just consume huge amounts of water. 

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

Was in a busy tourist district in Bangkok at a popular french restaurant, and guess what? They smoked weed with tobacco in public. 

I hate smokers when I want to eat, especially when eating breakfest and someone lightning a cigarette on the next table.

Absolutely agree, same thing happened to me at The Old English a couple of weeks ago, weed smoke drifting in from an English t_wat on the outside terrace.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Do you deny it is a problem? Intoxicated and driving causing accidents, and the more available the more accidents? 

Of course not, driving while intoxicated in anyway is and should be illegal. But to connect together a guy getting stoned in his guesthouse room to one out driving blitzed is just silly and you well know it. 

Edited by marin
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

Do you deny it is a problem? Intoxicated and driving causing accidents, and the more available the more accidents? 

My greengrocer (middle aged Thai lady) died 3 days back.

Her on the back of her 20 something daughters 'big bike' going to work at the market in the morning. No helmet, didn't hold on, daughter accelerated, mom went over backwards and hit her head on the road.

Instant death, no drugs, alcohol or other drivers involved.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My greengrocer (middle aged Thai lady) died 3 days back.

Her on the back of her 20 something daughters 'big bike' going to work at the market in the morning. No helmet, didn't hold on, daughter accelerated, mom went over backwards and hit her head on the road.

Instant death, no drugs, alcohol or other drivers involved.

That's unfortunate unlucky, not even intoxicated when deleted happens 

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Buy a small fire extinguisher and use it when he is on the common balcony.

I would have thought that pushing him would be better, you don't want your prints all over the fire extinguisher. We would get immense pleasure hearing that the police 'were sure it was another suicide' ????

9 hours ago, yogavnture said:

health is my lifestyle.

Why stay in a place that is damaging your lifestyle?   Move out IMMEDIATELY, maybe you lose a whopping 4000 baht, big deal, save your soul, life, mind, and escape to a wonderful environment of:

soi dogs barking, sick people coughing, construction, pollution in the air, more pollution in the air, karaoke,  racing motorbikes, racing cars, more strange music, more dogs, cats, neighbors, birds, etc....

Thailand is cheap for a reason.   

I pay 48,080 a night for a penthouse suite.   soundproof walls.   This is my lifestyle.   

8 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

ice cream cones, are you serious bro? you don't know what a cone is in the context of this discussion about weed, are you like five years old dude?  ...

Lighten up.  I had to look up that expression, which we didn't have 50 years ago when I smoked weed.

11 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Lighten up.  I had to look up that expression, which we didn't have 50 years ago when I smoked weed.

Mate I'm not the one talking about calling the rozzers to grass up the stoner just because it interferes with my navel-gazing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Meditation is the clear noting of phenomena, both internal and external. Why would a mere passing smell completely derail that? Why can't you clearly note it and return to the breath?

You seem to assume that meditation is some kind of mental enema or cocktail, that the world should conform to your needs to do it. Untangling that delusional ego-state can be a path to insight for you.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

Meditation is the clear noting of phenomena, both internal and external. Why would a mere passing smell completely derail that? Why can't you clearly note it and return to the breath?

You seem to assume that meditation is some kind of mental enema or cocktail, that the world should conform to your needs to do it. Untangling that delusional ego-state can be a path to insight for you.

It could be a nice test!

The best thing for him, is to adjust his environment to him, not the him to the enviroment. Same as me moving to Isaan build a farm without neighbours. Still here temples, village chiefs and traffick, but it is distant, and I can disconnect it.

Learned early by doing freediving, and it is a great way to meditate to perform good. When I attended a school at Sairee beach next to the main beach road, I could not focus very well, as well all the traffic in the water made me unfocused. I moved to an Island in Philipines, and made weekly new records after a long period of stagnation. 

So, for inner peace, why fight it? If I was competing in Freediving, I would had tried to solve it, but why fight the world when there is other solutions? As said, life is to short to accept everything around you and continuous adopt to other, when you do not need to!