Can I Get A Non Imm B From Singapore?

Hello everyone,

Hoping for some advice... :o

I'm just coming to the end of my 1 year non-imm B from the UK. (I'm from the UK) Can I get a new non-imm B visa?

Is it possible to get one from Singapore and if not where is my best bet? I need at least 6 months but a year would be good.

Many thanks,

John

I have been thru all of this myself recently, and in short the answer is YES you can get a CAT B from Singapore...

You will need :

1 x Passport Photo

$85

All appropriate corrispondance from your employer to state that they are looking to get you employement. With this you will also need all statements of Thai ownership etc, but your employer will have all this on hand.

Flights are dirt cheap using AirAsia (mine cost 5,500THB rtn) and accommodation was ok, cheapest I found was $60(sing) a night (1400THB) - but this was in the less than regal "Geyleng" area (notorious redlight district), pay more and you will get something a bit better...

To apply you will need to get to the Thai Embassy on Orchard Rd before 11.30am there is a ticket queue and it takes about 30 minutes.

Fill in the paper work hand over $85(sing) and wait until the following afternoon when you can pick up you passport and VISA.

My tip...

Fly out late (the earliest flights won't get you into the city in time to apply, so unless you want to waste another whole day this is a nice idea... I flew out at 8pm and got there for 10pm. no worries...

Day 1 : Apply in the morning then sightsee all afternoon / evening

Day 2 : Sightsee in the morning then pick up passport and get to airport... aim to fly about 6pm..

Longer you give notice the cheaper the flights will be so book well in advance...

You may want to add a day for such imbuggerance's that force you to reapply, I didn't but I know some that do

You can also do the same in KL, but the cost of a Taxi from Airport to City and RTN is about 2000THB (total) so not worth the spend!

My answer was for a multi entry one year visa which from your post seemed to be what you would like when you say six months to a year. I do not believe poster obtained such a visa in Singapore without a work permit.

If you have complete documentation Penang is now providing multi entry B visas.

My answer was for a multi entry one year visa which from your post seemed to be what you would like when you say six months to a year. I do not believe poster obtained such a visa in Singapore without a work permit.

If you have complete documentation Penang is now providing multi entry B visas.

Agreed

Ah right,

thanks for clarifiction! so you think it's just a single entry non-imm B that he has?

Yeah I was hoping to get a multi entry one. Is Penang the only place to go then?

Also, my friend recently set up a company here in Thailand. She is Thai. Can she write the letter and provide the documentation? It doesnt have to be an established company does it? And will it cost her anything?

Many thanks

John