What's with these new pop-up ads?

champers

1 hour ago, champers said:

I appreciate ads create revenue but these new pop-up ones that you have to play whack-a-mole with are a PITA. They cover content and there is no way to stop them. Please could one of the boffins get shot of the things? Permanently.

On the positive side I can still see your post without scrolling...

Ads.thumb.png.37551c2cd85bbf708c0731a26a371b3b.png

22 hours ago, Shop mak said:

472442726_Screenshot_20230211-023004_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.c2a38a939b3d61de70af5a2b3883fc9c.jpg

The very irritating pop up video ads (on mobile phone), cover 1/3 of my screen, (with screen zoom on, as I always use) and are the only reason why I seldom read this site now.

'Skip ad'  only lead to another new ad pop up within seconds.

Poorly thought out lay-out, without consideration for those who need (accessibility) screen zoom set to more than 100%

(Red frame added, to highlight popup ad)

Yes, almost impossible to type a post with the video ad blocking the screen.  And the damn ad scrolls up to block your text as you type.

Screenshot_20230212-005551_Chrome.jpg

22. You will not discuss methods of bypassing or blocking advertisements on ASEAN NOW, other websites or circumventing any censorship of the internet or other communications by lawful authorities.

37. You will not post negative comments concerning advertisements on ASEAN NOW or our sponsors.

//Closed//

• Like 1