Emoijs are back (but are they staying?)

MJCM

Oh ! the SAD emoji is back Liverpool lou will be over the moon,

it was his favourite and used it extensively ........????   now just need

to get these emojis back so we can actually see what they are 

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I'll be reducing my time on this board and away from trolls who use emojis to stalk and annoy instead of contributing sensible and meaningful posts. 

I'd rather see all emojis gone instead of the shoe fight we have here now. 

That's a pity, you just need to pay it less heed.

I've had instances of the odd member seemingly upset with something I've said, then adding a laugh emoji to my every response in the topic, but it means little to me, and if it makes someone happy fine. Water off a duck's back.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

image.png.20ce00debfe1b62ad60ef704c45f5a54.png

Sorry, it was me, I couldn't resist.

But yes, it was, along with ha-ha. We shall see how it works out.

Surely we are allowed to use the 'ha-ha' emoji if we find a post actually funny/amusing? ???? ???? Now I'm trolling ????

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

That's a pity, you just need to pay it less heed.

I've had instances of the odd member seemingly upset with something I've said, then adding a laugh emoji to my every response in the topic, but it means little to me, and if it makes someone happy fine. Water off a duck's back.

Without limit? Really? There must be a limit somewhere after which you must find it slightly annoying. Then, weeks later it might progress beyond annoying. Are you saying that could never occur?

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I agree, but as somebody else said on this thread, it's probably designed to get more people posting comments rather than just emojis. If you can't let a poster know what you personally think of their comment with an emoji, you have to write something.

And I assume forums with more comments are more lucrative ????‍♂️

It's either that, or it's to protect those over sensitive people on here...

You can end up with a tread with alot of meaningless posts, where a emoji serve The same purpose, and less for those who want to read to scroll past.

It just take some few to behave, and a emoji might stop a few trolling posts and less work. 

To know who gives you an emoji, let you know if you should give a better answer, maybe consider your opinions, or make yourself better understood, or you know from before they just stalking you.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, phetphet said:

BTW. ICYDK some Netspeak abbreviations can convey some  similar feelings. If you stop them too, I will be thinking to myself  HS!  <deleted>!  I won't know whether to ROTFL or CMEO.

Anyway . GTG. HAND. 

Thats one easy way to get your post removed ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Without limit? Really? There must be a limit somewhere after which you must find it slightly annoying. Then, weeks later it might progress beyond annoying. Are you saying that could never occur?

It's an internet forum, it's not my daily life, I can take it or leave it. I find it amusing rather than annoying, clearly it's the other person's skin I've got under, otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I agree, but as somebody else said on this thread, it's probably designed to get more people posting comments rather than just emojis. If you can't let a poster know what you personally think of their comment with an emoji, you have to write something.

And I assume forums with more comments are more lucrative ????‍♂️

I think you are right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

That is what moderation is for.

On the other hand making the emojis anonymous could be construed as an attempt to modify the way that users express opinions, which is not particularly the job of moderators. If I like, agree with or wish to thank someone for making a point in a discussion then I think they should be able to know that. 

That was my thumbs up.

It took 5 words plus this, instead of my name on the emoticon.

3 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

That is what moderation is for.

On the other hand making the emojis anonymous could be construed as an attempt to modify the way that users express opinions, which is not particularly the job of moderators. If I like, agree with or wish to thank someone for making a point in a discussion then I think they should be able to know that. 

I gave you a thumbs up too.