Visa Agents for Thailand in Pnom Penh

I am flying  to Pnom Penh tomorrow and will be in need of a reliable Agent there who can acquire me a 90 day Non Immigrant  "O" visa for re-entering Thailand  ( without 800k in the bank ) .  I have found an Agent who will convert that  90 days to a one year "O" Retirement Visa on my return to Phuket.   

Im appreciative of anybody who has done this and can offer advice. Im well acquainted with P.P. Thanks in advance.

FORGET IT<
there are no agents in PP that can help ya if you dont have the funds
I lived in Cambodia and checked before i moved back to Phuket last nov. 

I entered using visa exempt and than got my non O- 1  year using an agent in Thailand

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

FORGET IT<
there are no agents in PP that can help ya if you dont have the funds
I lived in Cambodia and checked before i moved back to Phuket last nov. 

I entered using visa exempt and than got my non O- 1  year using an agent in Thailand

Cheers. Do you mean I must have 800k in a Thai bank when you say , "The Funds" ? Im in a quandry because my usual agent couldnt renew my O-A this year and told me its because of the O-A and that  "O" was way easier and  I should go to P. P. and get a 90 day Non Imm O and return.   Im on 3 days  overstay . Im worried about leaving and things becoming even more difficult. A very popular agent in Bkk says they can renew my O-A at 25k baht...

Enter Visa Exempt & use an Agent to do the conversion to a Non-Imm O & your 1st years extension I don’t know where you’re based but Maneerat in Pattaya will do it for 23,500b, no need for any finances. 

[You mentioned an agent in Bangkok, if you’re based there then maybe try Thai Visa Center. ]

Extending an existing Non-Imm O should be around 12,500 (with out finances, 8K if you keep the 800K in the bank).

14 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Enter Visa Exempt & use an Agent to do the conversion to a Non-Imm O & your 1st years extension I don’t know where you’re based but Maneerat in Pattaya will do it for 23,500b, no need for any finances. 

[You mentioned an agent in Bangkok, if you’re based there then maybe try Thai Visa Center. ]

Extending an existing Non-Imm O should be around 12,500 (with out finances, 8K if you keep the 800K in the bank).

Thanks Mike . Do you think it will matter Im on 3 day overstay now to get the 30 day Visa Exempt ?

3 minutes ago, zaZa9 said:

Thanks Mike . Do you think it will matter Im on 3 day overstay now to get the 30 day Visa Exempt ?

I very much doubt it if you don’t have lots of other overstays in your passport. 

If you’re really concerned about re-entry, fly to Vientiane (best to clear overstay at an airport) then come back via Nong Khai land border / Udon Thani (which is the trip back I’m just setting out on). 

Can do 2 Visa-Exempt entries via the land borders in any one year so you’ll have no problems. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Forgot to mention, I got my original Non-IMM O in Penang so if you’d prefer to get yours whilst outside of Thailand contact these guys to see if they can do it for you http://bananapenang.com/main/

Thanks Mike for your help  . Im based in Phuket and still on my original O-A  ( issued in Sydney ) of 15 years. Well , WAS , its now expired , and tickets to PPenh  for tomorrow already bought. This will be my first overstay ( 3 days )  , and  I will try to re-enter by flight to Bkk on 30 day Visa Exempt , which , I believe is now 45 days. (  BTW , How annoying is that pop up on the right here while you type ! ) 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, zaZa9 said:

I will try to re-enter by flight to Bkk on 30 day Visa Exempt , which , I believe is now 45 days.

I’m sure you’ll have no problems getting back in & if you’re flying into BKK it might be worth a quick detour to Pattaya to do the conversion with Maneerat. 

However you decide to do it, try to get it done as soon as you can after arrival as you need at least 15 days on your permission to stay at the time of application.

you don’t lose any days doing it early (Your new Visa will start from the end of the 45 days).  

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Cheers. Do you mean I must have 800k in a Thai bank when you say , "The Funds" ?

The money doesn't need to be in a Thai bank when you apply for a visa outside Thailand. In Phnom Penh, they will accept bank statements from banks in Cambodia, too. There's no way around the financials when you apply there, no matter if you use an agent or not.

7 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Maneerat in Pattaya
IF you live in Pattaya ( or are willing to travel to Pattaya)
IF you have a Bangkok Bank account> ( otherwise you  need pay to open one) 
and i was told by them 27,000 to convert a visa exempt to non o + a 1 year 

YES <12,500 to ONLY do a 1 year extension IF YOUR IN PATTAYA 

I used thaivisacentre.com with a scb account and i am in Phuket, I added up the cost to travel to Pattaya , stay a night and back an it was not worth the savings + i would have had to pay an extra 5,000 or so for a Bangkok  bank account

For Cambodia, any bank
for Laos must be in a thai bank

FYI : banana  GH in Penang is closed an even Jim on Chula street is no longer open

Edited by zzzzz

6 hours ago, problemfarang said:

as mentioned get in to thailand contact your agency and they will do the rest. thaivisa agency will do probably 30-35K other agencies will do half of it. but first time might be expensive. but you will change and do extension so i would look something around 30K with a normal agency..

Darn close on yr Thai Visa Centre estimates !

They said , in part - " We will make you a Retirement Visa. We need a Thai Bank Saving book in your name  , balance immaterial.

Procedure for Australian arriving on 45 day Visa Exempt-

1st , 3 month non Imm "O" : 20,000 baht ( we require 20 days min on VExempt  to start and take 3 to 4 weeks )   Addit This is what I was hoping to 'buy ' thru an agent in P.P. till I was put straight....

2nd , 1 year Retirement Visa ( Non Imm "O" )  , this takes 1 to 2 weeks . 16,000 baht. 

Total , 36,000 baht for 15 months of Visa , and you are "O"  , and no longer , "O-A". 

( Happy to flick the O-A as it  gets more punitive every year , and it was purported to be the best visa back in 2008 when the 'O' demanded you left LOS every 3 months... . Ive been told why the O-A has declined in status and the O has risen ,  if  somebody wants me to relate  what a Officer told me ... )  

Anyway , TVC asked for some odd stuff also , like a 5 sec vid of me standing in front of my  home , address on my wall /letter box  , and a Google  location map , and of course Im wondering why they need all that <deleted> when it appears they can do anything they please.

Thanks again guys !

But Im not arguing .

The most important thing for me that I learnt from you and TVC is not to fret about the overstay , and for that I thank you all.

And , Jesus that R.H pop up is so annoying , and I had forgotten thats why I stopped posting on here ! 555

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

I am flying  to Pnom Penh tomorrow and will be in need of a reliable Agent there who can acquire me a 90 day Non Immigrant  "O" visa for re-entering Thailand  ( without 800k in the bank ) .  I have found an Agent who will convert that  90 days to a one year "O" Retirement Visa on my return to Phuket.   

Im appreciative of anybody who has done this and can offer advice. Im well acquainted with P.P. Thanks in advance.

Why you need Phnom Penh visa agent? Thailand visa agents can do that. 

Edited by Xanthe

6 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

I’m sure you’ll have no problems getting back in & if you’re flying into BKK it might be worth a quick detour to Pattaya to do the conversion with Maneerat. 

However you decide to do it, try to get it done as soon as you can after arrival as you need at least 15 days on your permission to stay at the time of application.

you don’t lose any days doing it early (Your new Visa will start from the end of the 45 days).  

Top advise and my main area of concern and thanks !

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Xanthe said:

Why you need Phnom Penh visa agent? Thailand visa agents can do that. 

Well I dont anymore , thanks to good advice here.

But my 'agent' here in Hkt , who previously extended my Retirement Extensions ( O-A )  2 years running and couldn't this year ( He said theres a new 'boss' that resembles Big Joke ) suggested that I  try to get 90 days 'O' in PP , then he would do the years O-A for 10k baht as he felt bad that he couldnt achieve what was promised ...

• Thumbs Up 1