Suvarnabhumi Improves Services Amid Thailand’s Tourism Rebound

webfact

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

If they were laid off in 2020 as Covid raged, where did they go... all retired? I grasp replacements need some training and it takes time....

They were likely just transferred to another department. So, when they were ready to re-open all staff were ready. This is about sloth and not having enough cues manned. Not about a lack of personnel. If anything, immigration has far too many personnel. 

20 hours ago, Hawaiian said:

Add more immigration counters will not help if they are not manned. 

Just like Dulles airport outside Washington, D.C.  They have about 25 counters that I could see. Came back from BKK in November and about 4 were open - only 1 for citizens and permanent residents!  Took me well over 2 hours to get in, as there were hundreds of us in that one line. 

18 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Was there on Saturday mid morning it was absolutely ridiculous standing in line for more than 30 minutes plus just to get into the departure area totally unacceptable 

30 minutes is quite fast. Nothing works efficiently. They should definitely have special lines for Chinese and non English/ Thai speaking tourists. The amount of people who don’t understand a word of what the IO s  asking is incredible. Are there now signs asking for boarding cards as most people just leave them on the plane ? I’ve never seen queues as long as this anywhere. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

Had to wait a bloody lot longer in Paris CDG each time I go back.. Thailand good in comparison

LAX or SeaTac for comparative examples.......I'm guessing there are many many more the world over. 

Swampy. Could be worse.