TM30 and first 90-day reporting in Bangkok

Let's say I enter Thailand with a 45 days exempt stamp then get a 60 days extension + another 30 days extension. Before expiration I convert it in-country into a 90 days non O marriage visa then apply for a 1 year extension.

When should I complete the TM30 reporting and the first 90-day reporting (in Bangkok CW)?

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can apply for 30 day extension and also 60 day extension to visit wife if married to Thai. 

Thanks Jack that is what I thought, but no mention of marriage until later so..... 

Edited by marin
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

I helped a friend go through the visa exempt to retirement process recently at Chaeng Wattana.  Alright it not a marriage extension, and he did not apply for any interim 30/60 day extensions, he went straight from visa exempt to 1 year extension based on retirement.

(90 day reporting and TM30)

He was not asked for a TM30 until he got to the annual extension.  We had checked at the 90 day reporting counter when he received his NON-O stamp (converting from visa exempt).  At that time the 90 day reporting counter said that during the extension process he would get a receipt informing him when to begin his 90 days reporting. 

Thia is exactly what happened (regarding his 90 day reporting), when he received his annual extension they stapled a receipt into his passport informing when he should begin his 90 day reports.

(annual renewal date and under consideration)

The only other thing I can add is information regarding his annual renewal date, this might be a concern if you plan to spend time out of the country.  The expiry date of his NON-O became his annual extension renewal date.

In his case case he applied for NON-O from visa exempt first few days of December, when issued it had a 27 Feb expiration (90 days from the day he applied). He did not get the NON-O on the day he applied, but had to go back a couple of weeks later (under consideration) to actually get it stamped into his passport. Immigration performed a home visit during the under consideration period.

(receiving the annual extension)

Then in early Feb he applied for the 1 year annual extension (this was the first time they asked for TM30) and his one year renewal date is 27 Feb (same as the NON-O he switched to from visa exempt).

Exactly the same here but it's not "direct from excempt to extension" it's actually " change of visa to non-o 90 day and then yearly extension as explained in timeline above. 

Absolutely the easiest visa procedure I had in over 20 years