Nikki Haley launches presidential campaign, challenging Trump for GOP nomination

Scott

Boy, Ann Coulter is seriously hating on Nikki Haley.  I'm not a fan of Coulter, but she has a rather huge voice on the right...

[Coulter called her a “preposterous creature” and wondered why cows are considered sacred in India, where Haley’s parents emigrated from...]

[Hey babycakes, why don’t you go back to your own country and reconsider that history?]

[Coulter concluded by saying Haley is weak on the issue of immigration and that her own state will not vote for her.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/go-back-to-your-own-country-ann-coulter-trashes-south-carolina-born-nikki-haley/ar-AA17xpCB?ocid=wispr&cvid=b25665e2d4c9475a817eb8ca0e715889

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

Boy, Ann Coulter is seriously hating on Nikki Haley.  I'm not a fan of Coulter, but she has a rather huge voice on the right...

[Coulter called her a “preposterous creature” and wondered why cows are considered sacred in India, where Haley’s parents emigrated from...]

[Hey babycakes, why don’t you go back to your own country and reconsider that history?]

[Coulter concluded by saying Haley is weak on the issue of immigration and that her own state will not vote for her.]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/go-back-to-your-own-country-ann-coulter-trashes-south-carolina-born-nikki-haley/ar-AA17xpCB?ocid=wispr&cvid=b25665e2d4c9475a817eb8ca0e715889

Coulter has/ had an opinion show on Fox that depended on viewers, so she will say things that get publicity, though she may not actually say what she thinks. I think it's called pandering to her base.

I have no idea of what she really thinks- that's just my opinion.

I thought she sometimes said good things and sometimes not so good, like all opinion show hosts.

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately there seems to be a worldwide surplus of old and dumb politicians.

True but the old and dumb expired faster than the young and dumb who hand around longer and get plum committee assignments and even as de facto party leaders. ????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Coulter has/ had an opinion show on Fox that depended on viewers, so she will say things that get publicity, though she may not actually say what she thinks. I think it's called pandering to her base.

I have no idea of what she really thinks- that's just my opinion.

I thought she sometimes said good things and sometimes not so good, like all opinion show hosts.

It appears MTG is also not a fan of Nikki Haley.  Wonder if this will be a trend, far right females not supporting GOP females for President.  Unless it's something more sinister....like a race thing.

[Greene ripped Haley on her personal Twitter account Wednesday afternoon, claiming that Haley was "just another George (or Jeb!) Bush," in light of her 2024 presidential bid.]

["She is weak on the border, doesn't want a wall, claimed 'Legal Immigrants are more patriotic than most Americans these days,' and she defended [former President Barack] Obama when Pres. Trump criticized his terrible open-borders policy,"] [Greene wrote in her tweet. "And Nikki Haley refused to support a transgender bathroom bill to protect children."]

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/marjorie-taylor-greene-slams-nikki-haley-as-bush-in-heels/ar-AA17xTP3?ocid=wispr&cvid=e35a475e666b449eb0893504fdb7afbf

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Women shouldn't support women just because they're women of course but Coulter's cow comment was downright racist.

As I said before the US isn't ready for an Asian president but we'll get one before a Jewish one.

I am no fan of The Ann, but.... she was one of the first people back in 2016 to predict that Trump would win the GOP nomination. It was on Bill Maher and was greeted with laughter.   Who's laughing now. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I am no fan of The Ann, but.... she was one of the first people back in 2016 to predict that Trump would win the GOP nomination. It was on Bill Maher and was greeted with laughter.   Who's laughing now. 

Yes, she was a huge fan of Trump....until she wasn't.  She can't stand Trump now....mostly because he failed to build the wall.

Another Indian?

Bill Ackman predicts Vivek Ramaswamy will be president in 2024 (nypost.com)

Billionaire Bill Ackman believes he’s found the next president of the United States – and it’s not Joe Biden or Ron DeSantis.

The Pershing Square Capital Boss threw his support behind Strive Asset Management founder Vivek Ramaswamy.

The 37-year-old investor is an outspoken critic of so-called “woke capitalism” who acknowledged this week that he was considering a presidential bid in the 2024 election — despite lacking any prior political experience.

13 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Some hosts on Fox used to replay those clips after Trump won. Very enjoyable.

Ms. Haley had a rocky start with Sean Hannity. Not much there there.

Still waiting for the Trump nickname.

And then there's this...

Controversial Pastor Opens Nikki Haley’s First Presidential Campaign Rally

Haley praised televangelist and pastor John Hagee, who has a history of making remarks denounced as anti-Semitic, anti-Catholic and anti-LGBT.

Hagee has also suggested that Hilter’s Catholic background contributed to his anti-Seminitism and appeared to refer to the Roman Catholic Church as the "apostate church" and the "great whore,” among other anti-Catholic remarks noted by Catholics, including the Catholic League, which tracks anti-Catholic discrimination. Hagee later apologized for some of his remarks on Catholicism, and defended his remarks on Jews as mischaracterized.

“To Pastor Hagee, I still say I want to be you when I grow up,” Haley said.

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2023-02-15/controversial-pastor-opens-nikki-haleys-first-presidential-campaign-rally

On 2/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, bamnutsak said:

"White-boots Ron"

You can be sure this photo will be used by Trump, along with the photo of 23 year old DeSAntis partying with his 17  YO female students, or as Trump said, "Is this Grooming?"

rondesantisboots.jpg

Looks too short to be honest.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:20 AM, Hanaguma said:

I like Nikki- she has a compelling story, but still Mike Pompeo has the best CV for the job so far:

Military veteran, Harvard law, successful businessman, Member of Congress, CIA Director, Secretary of State.

What's not to love about the guy?

Religious nut job.

• 10 months later...
9 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

How did that work out for him?

Yeah, on the other hand Mr. Vivek is running as trumpier than trump, so IF the real trump burns out in some way (health, jail, etc.) before the election, it's still not impossible for him to be seen as the natural replacement.

• Haha 1

'Very on-brand': Internet explodes after Nikki Haley can't say what caused Civil War

"It's much harder to grapple with the fact that a leading republican candidate for POTUS made a calculated decision to not say 'slavery" [because] of how she thinks the party's base would react," Rodenbush wrote.

Even Joe Biden chimed in, saying simply, "It was about slavery."

https://www.rawstory.com/internet-slams-nikki-haley-civil-war/

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

'Very on-brand': Internet explodes after Nikki Haley can't say what caused Civil War

"It's much harder to grapple with the fact that a leading republican candidate for POTUS made a calculated decision to not say 'slavery" [because] of how she thinks the party's base would react," Rodenbush wrote.

Even Joe Biden chimed in, saying simply, "It was about slavery."

https://www.rawstory.com/internet-slams-nikki-haley-civil-war/

Wow. That answer was incredibly stupid. On the other hand, she is trying to get the REPUBLICAN nomination, so 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

Haleys Comet, go girl.

All the way to Mexico. At least, she wants to send military forces there to put a stop to the drug trade. That will work out well.

Nikki Haley doubles down on promise to send special ops to 'eliminate' drug cartels across US-Mexico border
'We should treat them like the terrorists that they are,' Haley told Fox News Digital

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki-haley-doubles-down-promise-send-special-ops-eliminate-drug-cartels-mexico-border

Most likely, the cartels will launch terrorist reprisals if this loon does, in fact, become President and authorize such attacks on Mexico.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

All the way to Mexico. At least, she wants to send military forces there to put a stop to the drug trade. That will work out well.

Nikki Haley doubles down on promise to send special ops to 'eliminate' drug cartels across US-Mexico border
'We should treat them like the terrorists that they are,' Haley told Fox News Digital

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nikki-haley-doubles-down-promise-send-special-ops-eliminate-drug-cartels-mexico-border

Most likely, the cartels will launch terrorist reprisals if this loon does, in fact, become President and authorize such attacks on Mexico.

It works for me. There's a downside and an upside to everything and the downside of having her as President far outweighs the downside presented by the alternatives.

The background here is that Nicki Haley was either unable to elucidate the actual reason for the civil war or dodged the question because it was about slavery.

Perhaps all Americans should be required to study the statement of reasons for secession from the union by the confederate states to remove any doubt or ignorance about the topic. It might also be instructive for those who think the confederate flag is not a flag of treason.

Here is the Mississippi statement of reasons for secession.

https://www.atlantahistorycenter.com/app/uploads/2020/11/Mississippi-Secession-p86-88.pdf

• Confused 1