Nikki Haley launches presidential campaign, challenging Trump for GOP nomination

Scott

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

Meanwhile the present administration quietly governs taming inflation creating jobs restoring our reputation amongst the free world standing tall for American ideals .as the gop does its best to do Putin’s work at the behest of trump.amazing sad and humiliating.imo Hailey has a shot at vp no more than that……the cat fight with Vaseline face Kari Lake will be epic!!…lol 

Is Kari Lake the coward that just changed districts because she figured she couldn't beat the Dem candidate? If she won in her original district it might give her some form of legitimacy instead of being parachuted into another district.

• Haha 1

Haley talked about the role of government, replying that it involved “the freedoms of what people could and couldn’t do.”…….

She can’t mention slavery because that was the “freedom” southern states were fighting for—the legal ability to own human beings as property.

South Carolina declared its secession from the United States citing “an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding states to the institution of slavery,”

constitutioncenter.org/...

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Is Kari Lake the coward that just changed districts because she figured she couldn't beat the Dem candidate? If she won in her original district it might give her some form of legitimacy instead of being parachuted into another district.

Naa you are thinking of lauren bobert she’s the one that got caught blowing smoke in peoples faces  at  the theater and getting handsey with a fellas unit in public lol 😂 and she’s supposed to be a conservative lol 😂 Kari Lake is the Vaseline faced election denier from Arizona only the best for the G O P lmao 🤣 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

Your support mean's less than nothing you can’t vote in American elections,you do seem to have an American fetish though kinda creepy 

Yes, I find it mind boggling how non Yanks seem to be obsessed with USA politics.  I'm a Yank, and I could care less, even more so than when I lived there.

Because of AN, I now see more news (silly as it is) here, than when I lived there.  When I worked my last job, 13 years, developed friendships, I honestly can't remember talking about politics, Dem vs Rep, or presidents at the time.  Politics just wasn't a topic of discussion with fellow workers, friends/peers.

We didn't purposely avoid due to possible conflict, just didn't seem to care.

During that time (13 yrs) last couple years of Reagan, then Bush 1, Clinton and left early on during Bush 2 was in office.  Was actually commuting from TH to work in USA, till March or April 2001.  

Only noticed politics at work, since a TV/news was always on in the break rooms.

Really don't remember any conversation or arguments at all at work.  Definitely not away from work, or with hometown friends as politics never seemed to get discussed.

Discussions were: what are we doing this weekend, if anything, sports (not myself), music, food or investing.

Remember Contra affair, Alzheimer's and North taking hit for it.

Clinton not knowing what a 'sexual relation' was.

Somehow a total idiot gets appointed.

Then TH's forums seemed to be nothing but American politics, and major division over Gulf war 2, Obama bail outs, ACA, Trump everything, now back to geriatric idiot's strings being pulled.  How great or bad he is.  How it's 1 person's fault for everything :cheesy:

Rarely with Yanks chiming in, and most with the non Yank experts/bashers having a field day in the threads.  

Reality ... simply showing how little they know about USA politics and how thing truly work.  Mainly, it's a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy.

Find it all kind of funny, especially since I couldn't tell you who any politicians are in most countries.  Thinking about it now, I don't even know who the PMs are in UK, AU, NZ, leaders of EU or euro countries.

Edited by KhunLA

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yes, I find it mind boggling how non Yanks seem to be obsessed with USA politics.  I'm a Yank, and I could care less, even more so than when I lived there.

Because of AN, I now see more news (silly as it is) here, than when I lived there.  When I worked my last job, 13 years, developed friendships, I honestly can't remember talking about politics, Dem vs Rep, or presidents at the time.  Politics just wasn't a topic of discussion with fellow workers, friends/peers.

During that time (13 yrs) last couple years of Reagan, then Bush 1, Clinton and left early on during Bush 2 was in office.  Was actually commuting from TH to work in USA, till March or April 2001.  

Only noticed politics at work, since a TV/news was always on in the break rooms.

Really don't remember any conversation or arguments at all at work.  Definitely not away from work, or with hometown friends as politics never seemed to get discussed.

Discussions were: what are we doing this weekend, if anything, sports (not myself), music, food or investing.

Then TH's forums seemed to be nothing but American politics, and major division over Gulf war 2, Obama bail outs, ACA, Trump everything, now back to geriatric idiot's strings being pulled.  How great or bad he is.  How it's 1 person's fault for everything :cheesy:

Rarely with Yanks chiming in, and most with the non Yank experts/bashers have a field day in the threads.  

Find it all kind of funny, especially since I couldn't tell you who any politicians are in most countries.  Thinking about it now, I don't even know who the PMs are in UK, AU, NZ, leaders of EU or euro countries.

Posters had to dig up a 10 month old thread to post and start the ball rolling again. Posters who have never lived in the US have more and stronger opinions than it's citizens. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Reality ... simply showing how little they know about USA politics and how thing truly work.  Mainly, it's a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy.

Thanks for show us that ignorance of the US system of government isn't confined only to foreigners. The US is a Constitutional Republic. It's also a Representative Democracy. The 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

But the claim that the US isn't a democracy has become a rightwing talking pointing point in the last few years.

As for non-citizens joining in, US nationality is no proof of knowledge. Lack of it not a proof of ignorance.

Edited by placeholder

She dropped the ball big time by flubbing the civil war question.obviously she is highly intelligent much to smart to purposely flubb such an obvious question in my mind it exposes her as a coward at heart not to answer such an obvious question therefore un fit for the presidency 

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

She dropped the ball big time by flubbing the civil war question.obviously she is highly intelligent much to smart to purposely flubb such an obvious question in my mind it exposes her as a coward at heart not to answer such an obvious question therefore un fit for the presidency 

I don't know what else she could have said, white people are conditioned to not bring up slavery. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Edited by Trippy
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Trippy said:

I don't know what else she could have said, white people are conditioned to not bring up slavery. Don't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

She could have said the truth that the south succeeded from the union in an attempt to continue the institution of slavery that kept them afloat financially they needed free labor to continue to have profitability no more no less she could have also reaffirmed it is a stain on our countrys history and race relations still need work to create a more egalitarian country that’s what she should have said ………

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Rarely with Yanks chiming in, and most with the non Yank experts/bashers having a field day in the threads.  

Personally I'd love to ignore US politics, but the US has so much influence in the entire world that we have to take note of what is going on. The US president does affect us all.

You don't see me going on about Iceland on here, do you? That's because what happens in Iceland doesn't affect me.

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Personally I'd love to ignore US politics, but the US has so much influence in the entire world that we have to take note of what is going on. The US president does affect us all.

You don't see me going on about Iceland on here, do you? That's because what happens in Iceland doesn't affect me.

If that's what you believe, but I disagree.  He's simply a puppet, and I think most people realize that now.

The world is controlled by people who can actually put their thoughts in a sentence, or at least read a teleprompter.

• Confused 2

Haley’s halting and convoluted response to a town hall questioner — and her ensuing attempts to clarify her comments, later acknowledging slavery as a cause of the Civil War after first declining to do so — put a harsh spotlight on her, arguably for the first time during the primary.

Within hours, news outlets had begun digging into her past remarks on the issue, resurfacing an interview she’d given in 2010 in which she offered similar beliefs about the root causes of the Civil War.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/30/nikki-haleys-first-real-test-of-2024-00133336

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If that's what you believe, but I disagree.  He's simply a puppet, and I think most people realize that now.

The world is controlled by people who can actually put their thoughts in a sentence, or at least read a teleprompter.

I agree, but we don't know who they are, so we can only talk about the stooges sent to fool the masses that "democracy" exists.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

High school seniors struggle on even the most basic questions about American enslavement of Africans.

• Only 8 percent of high school seniors surveyed can identify slavery as the central cause of the Civil War.

https://www.splcenter.org/sites/default/files/tt_hard_history_american_slavery.pdf

Better should be expected of presidents.

3 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Haley’s halting and convoluted response to a town hall questioner — and her ensuing attempts to clarify her comments, later acknowledging slavery as a cause of the Civil War after first declining to do so — put a harsh spotlight on her, arguably for the first time during the primary.

Within hours, news outlets had begun digging into her past remarks on the issue, resurfacing an interview she’d given in 2010 in which she offered similar beliefs about the root causes of the Civil War.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/12/30/nikki-haleys-first-real-test-of-2024-00133336

You can take the girl out of the south, but you can't take the south out of the girl.