Nikki Haley launches presidential campaign, challenging Trump for GOP nomination

Scott

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I agree, but we don't know who they are, so we can only talk about the stooges sent to fool the masses that "democracy" exists.

Democracy doesn't exist in the USA, by design.  Per the Constitution, it is a 'Constitutional Republic'.  Learn the difference and you will stop expecting to be a democracy.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

The US is both a Constitutional Republic and a Representative Democracy. The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. It's not surprising you make this claim since this nonsense is growing in popularity on the right.

Exactly. 

It's part of rationale for trying to put anti democracy fascist wannabe dictator Trump back in power. 

And I appreciate that, because that means he sees what we’re seeing, but in his commercials and in his temper tantrums, every single thing that he’s said has been a lie.'"

Haley went on to attack Trump for his handling of the economy, saying that job conditions might have been "great," but that “our kids will never forgive us” for the $8 trillion added to the national debt under Trump to help continue that growth. “You don’t go and pretend to have a good economy by putting us in debt.”

https://www.rawstory.com/nikki-haley-stands-up-to-trump/

• Confused 1

translation: Nikky Haley doesn't have black friends now.

'OMG, she went there': Nikki Haley shocks with 'Black friends' response to slavery gaffe

At a CNN town hall in Iowa Thursday night, Haley made an effort to walk back last week’s failure to list slavery as the cause of the Civil War.

“I had Black friends growing up,” she told host Erin Burnett.

https://www.rawstory.com/nikki-haley-slavery-2666877663/

• Haha 1

On 12/31/2023 at 1:02 PM, KhunLA said:

Democracy doesn't exist in the USA, by design.  Per the Constitution, it is a 'Constitutional Republic'.  Learn the difference and you will stop expecting to be a democracy.

Someone should tell that to Biden then, given he is ranting about Trump being a threat to American "democracy".

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/jan/05/biden-attacks-trump-january-6-anniversary-speech-election

Biden attacks Trump as grave threat to democracy in rousing 2024 speech

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Nicky is about to get a boost christey is dropping out and he’s going to ask his supporters to go to nickey 

"He did not endorse anyone as he bowed out of the race.

But on a hot mic moments before he announced he was ending his bid, Mr Christie predicted that Nikki Haley, who is gaining on Mr Trump in some polls, was "going to get smoked, and you and I both know it".

"She's not up to this," he added."

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

"He did not endorse anyone as he bowed out of the race.

But on a hot mic moments before he announced he was ending his bid, Mr Christie predicted that Nikki Haley, who is gaining on Mr Trump in some polls, was "going to get smoked, and you and I both know it".

"She's not up to this," he added."

Yeah he did, not sure why. I watched part of the debate and it seemed to me mostly a wash. I don't know why Haley even agreed to it. DeSantis was basically done -- why give him a chance for a comeback? 

From my POV as a not republican, Christie was the most acceptable republican choice for the country. Haley or DeSantis are both horrible but not as horrible as Trump who is 100 times worse.

• Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah he did, not sure why. I watched part of the debate and it seemed to me mostly a wash. I don't know why Haley even agreed to it. DeSantis was basically done -- why give him a chance for a comeback? 

Possibly because debate performance doesn't mean actual performance.   Newsom is proof of that.  He's a polished, articulate speaker.  But California is a train wreck.  DeSantis isn't anywhere near as slick, but people keep moving to Florida, people keep leaving California and CA's budget has gone from a surplus to a deficit under Newsom.

If I were to choose between the 2 knowing nothing but debate optics, it would be for Newsom.  But that would be dumb.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Possibly because debate performance doesn't mean actual performance.   Newsom is proof of that.  He's a polished, articulate speaker.  But California is a train wreck.  DeSantis isn't anywhere near as slick, but people keep moving to Florida, people keep leaving California and CA's budget has gone from a surplus to a deficit under Newsom.

If I were to vote knowing nothing but debate optics, it would be for Newsom.  But that would be dumb.

Well this was Florida vs. South Carolina.

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well this was Florida vs. South Carolina.

Yeah,  That's a closer call.  But the answer is still the same.  Debate performance isn't the same as actual performance.  And there doesn't seem to be a throng of people moving to SC.  Being behind DeSantis on actual performance, I suspect Haley knows her opportunity is in the debates.  Where, I freely admit,  DeSantis looks like a wood plank.  I'm still a fan of what's happening in Florida.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

From my POV as a not republican, Christie was the most acceptable republican choice for the country. Haley or DeSantis are both horrible but not as horrible as Trump who is 100 times worse.

I haven't followed any of it, especially the debates.  I was really surprised Christie even considered running.   Easy target for Trump to pick apart, and he certain couldn't run on his record as 2 term governor.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Yeah,  That's a closer call.  But the answer is still the same.  Debate performance isn't the same as actual performance.  And there doesn't seem to be a throng of people moving to SC.  Being behind DeSantis on actual performance, I suspect Haley knows her opportunity is in the debates.  Where, I freely admit,  DeSantis looks like a wood plank.  I'm still a fan of what's happening in Florida.

I'll take either one, I prefer Halley. Anyone except nuptie joe.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

I haven't followed any of it, especially the debates.  I was really surprised Christie even considered running.   Easy target for Trump to pick apart, and he certain couldn't run on his record as 2 term governor.

Christie didn’t expect to win. He wanted to be a truth teller against Trump. Now he realizes staying in hurts the tiny chance of the Republicans nominating anyone other than Trump.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

If I were to choose between the 2 knowing nothing but debate optics, it would be for Newsom.  But that would be dumb.

People have been moving to Florida long before DeSantis came along.  It has nothing to do with his nutty right wing policies.  It was more about weather and taxes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Christie didn’t expect to win. He wanted to be a truth teller against Trump. Now he realizes staying in hurts the tiny chance of the Republicans nominating anyone other than Trump.

It's time the "More maga than thou"  flub from Florida came to the same realization and dropped out as well.

• Confused 1

Haley can't win, and the US would never elect a non Christion (maybe a Jew).  Leaves DeSantis, if Trump can't run.

Dems ... who knows who will run.  If Trump can't, would Biden drop out, or will he simple drop (over) out on his own, as another 1.5 of his antics, and the people will have had enough.  If not for Harris as VP, Biden should be at home awaiting the inevitable.   Hopefully not too many years of Alzheimer's before passing.

image.png.5dc7762418666b96e6466a03dcb28db2.png

Edited by KhunLA

Just now, KhunLA said:

Haley can't win, and the US would never elect a non Christion (maybe a Jew).  Leaves Disunites, if Trump can't run.

Dems ... who knows who will run.  If Trump can't, would Biden drop out, or will he simple drop (over) out on his own, as another 1.5 of his antics, and the people will have had enough.  If not for Harris as VP, Biden should be at home awaiting the inevitable.   Hopefully not too many years of Alzheimer's before passing.

No chance, a Latino that somehow found himself on the wrong side of the railway tracks? He crashes and burns outside of Florida and his poll numbers have totally tanked.

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

No chance, a Latino that somehow found himself on the wrong side of the railway tracks? He crashes and burns outside of Florida and his poll numbers have totally tanked.

Had a mixed race President, and have a mixed race VP, so a Latino isn't a stretch at all, especially since shy of 20% of citizens identify as Latino or Hispanic.  That's just the legal citizens.

Guessing most of those are Dems, so that would hurt any Dem running.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Had a mixed race President, and have a mixed race VP, so a Latino isn't a stretch at all, especially since shy of 20% of citizens identify as Latino or Hispanic.  That's just the legal citizens.

Guessing most of those are Dems, so that would hurt any Dem running.

Had a mixed race presidential nominee voted by dems. Have never had a mixed race nominee voted by republicans, let alone a woman and mixed race. Why do you think Trump is so far ahead of them?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Haley can't win, and the US would never elect a non Christion (maybe a Jew).  Leaves DeSantis, if Trump can't run.

image.png.5dc7762418666b96e6466a03dcb28db2.png

Haley claims she is Christian (converted). 

In my opinion there will be a transgender Samoan albino president before a Jew.