Disappointing news for me.

In Full Agreement

Why ruin a good thing?

"Google is discontinuing support for the standalone Street View app and pulling it from app stores

The app, which lets you check out places on Google Maps with Street View and contribute imagery, will be removed from app stores in the ‘coming weeks’

Nov 2, 2022, 5:55 AM GMT+7|4 Comments / 4 New

Share this story

An illustration of Google’s multicolor “G” logo

Did you know Google had a separate Street View Map? I didn’t.  Illustration: The Verge

Google will be pulling the standalone Street View app from app stores in the “coming weeks” and discontinuing support for the app in March 2023, spokesperson Madison Gouveia confirmed in a statement to The Verge. 9to5Google first spotted evidence in a recent update indicating the search giant was planning to move on from the app.".0

Well, I guess people will need to start doing what civilization has done for centuries before the internet. Actually go out, explore, meet real people face to face and have conversations. It'll be quite an adjustment for the young folks but leads to a more enriching life. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

My statement still stands and it's accurate..... "Actually go out, explore, meet real people face to face and have conversations".   

A lot of philosophers out on the streets, eager to strike interesting conversations with strangers.

Kin khao le yang? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskerDo2 said:

My statement still stands and it's accurate....Actually go out, explore, meet real people face to face and have conversations".   

Since google and others are all about making money, how are they going to make money from making people "Actually go out, explore, meet real people face to face and have conversations"?

2 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

Google will be pulling the standalone Street View app from app stores in the “coming weeks” and discontinuing support for the app in March 2023,

No big deal. I had never heard of the app, always used street view from within maps.

From what I can see that is what Google would prefer. In this current cost cutting environment why have multiple versions of the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1