Taxi to DMK

nana kid

You do not state where, exactly, on Sukhumvit you will be. If actually on the main road, you can flag a taxi down within about 30 seconds at that time of the morning. Alternatively, while I find Grab very professional, they are quite pricey. Bolt is cheaper.

As I recall, if you are vaccinated, there are no Covid testing requirements for Laos.

• Like 1

CABB is just as expensive as Grab.  Hailing a taxi in the street might take a while because you probably will be given an array of prices.  So give yourself enough time.  The taxis for the most part will see a foreigner wanting to go to the airport.  So I’m guessing most will offer a flat rate. Which probably will be equal to or more than Grab Taxi.  

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Flagging them down is a good idea.  But, find one who will use the meter otherwise, they seem to be asking 500 b.

4 hours ago, swm59nj said:

CABB is just as expensive as Grab.  Hailing a taxi in the street might take a while because you probably will be given an array of prices.  So give yourself enough time.  The taxis for the most part will see a foreigner wanting to go to the airport.  So I’m guessing most will offer a flat rate. Which probably will be equal to or more than Grab Taxi.  

At 5:00 am, the taxis are much less picky than at most other times about long trips on the meter, especially if you are willing to take the expressway.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, BritTim said:

At 5:00 am, the taxis are much less picky than at most other times about long trips on the meter, especially if you are willing to take the expressway.

20 odd years in bangkok, never had a taxi not use the meter, driver goes the way i tell him. taxi's are incredibly cheap here. the problems people have with taxis here are caused by themselves.

went to DMK from banglampu mid workday morning, no expressway 240 baht. bargain.