Ukraine war: Russia must be defeated but not crushed, Macron says

Scott

7 hours ago, Saanim said:

Just a simple maths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022–2023_Ukrainian_refugee_crisis

(BTW, how did you get 43 M when no census?)

What you don't note is most of that 8 million is women and children.

90% of Ukrainian refugees are women and children, while most Ukrainian men age 18 to 60 are banned from leaving the country.[6]

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 1:43 AM, Tug said:

Marcon was making a political statement imo trying to give Putin an out so he quits his criminal war no more I’m sure as most he would love to see Putin rubbed out and a more egalitarian government in Russia 

Marcon was making a political statement imo trying to give Putin an out so he quits his criminal war no more I’m sure as most he would love to see Putin rubbed out and a puppet government in Russia.

Fixed it for you

• Sad 2

On 2/20/2023 at 11:08 AM, placeholder said:

Clearly, Macron wasn't referring to the French doing it, or, rather, not doing it, by themselves. That said, given the wretched performance of the Russian armed forces, in a non-nuclear war, I suspect that France by itself would easily give Russian armed forces a whooping.

Or smother them to death with white flags ....Macron is a joke ...little Napoleon perhaps after reading this Putin may like little Macaroooon more than the French do eh

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, billd766 said:

Us Brits (ros bifs) remember the French (frog eaters) for centuries, longer than the USA has been a country.

We have fought against them, fought with them, saved their asses a few times and still they don't like us.

Mostly I think due to the leadership of both nations, rather than the people.

IMO, the British and the French are more alike than each culture will admit.  I base this on my reading of history, and the book, "1,000 Years of Annoying the French" by David Clarke.  His writing changed my views.  See:

http://www.stephenclarkewriter.com/en/livre/1000-years-of-annoying-the-french 

Terry

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fortean1 said:

IMO, the British and the French are more alike than each culture will admit.  I base this on my reading of history, and the book, "1,000 Years of Annoying the French" by David Clarke.  His writing changed my views.  See:

http://www.stephenclarkewriter.com/en/livre/1000-years-of-annoying-the-french 

Terry

Nah I think that is not the case, the french think they are better than any other country.

• Thumbs Up 1