AoT Launches Measures to Manage Traveler Surge

snoop1130

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

More trained staff maybe the way to go...

lots of graduates leaving schools soon looking for employment.

Nah. Make a better living on Nana and other such locales.......and ya don't need half the training.

????

• Haha 1

I came through yesterday afternoon. The airport was packed with many arriving flights coming out of the gates as I trudged along from gate F6.

First immigration was busy but moving and showing an 11 minute wait. The sign said the other one was 8 minutes. I had Fast Track access so was through in two minutes. A few minutes later the carousel started moving and I had my bag within 10 minutes. From exiting the plane to exiting a busy airport was under 30 minutes.

The taxi queue was busy though and I had a 20 minute wait for a "short ride" taxi.

Those horrendous immigration queues are very rare and generally caused by several delayed planes arriving at once. Never experienced it in hundreds of entries. They definitely need to do better on the taxi front though.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I came through yesterday afternoon. The airport was packed with many arriving flights coming out of the gates as I trudged along from gate F6.

First immigration was busy but moving and showing an 11 minute wait. The sign said the other one was 8 minutes. I had Fast Track access so was through in two minutes. A few minutes later the carousel started moving and I had my bag within 10 minutes. From exiting the plane to exiting a busy airport was under 30 minutes.

The taxi queue was busy though and I had a 20 minute wait for a "short ride" taxi.

Those horrendous immigration queues are very rare and generally caused by several delayed planes arriving at once. Never experienced it in hundreds of entries. They definitely need to do better on the taxi front though.

It's never been organized or directed very well [for ages]......don't expect it ever will.

Talking the good talk and good intended rhetoric is one thing, but putting such into practice is another altogether - especially from a Thai authority mindset.