Tourists Fined for Riding Jet Skis in Krabi

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, pattjock said:

I did not ask everyone but the vast majority I have talked to don't like to have them next to the swimming and sun bathing areas. The people renting out these things are constantly driving them very close to the beach to attract customers, creating noise and stinking fumes.

They can be fun and practical but there should be an area well away from people that want to have a relaxing and safe time at the beach.

Police conduct checks of motorbike drivers licenses all the time and people renting out a bike to someone without a motorbike license can be fined. You need a license to drive a jet ski but I have never seen anyone check anyone's license.

Again, the machines aren't the problem, people are and always will be.   Beaches I swim at, usually have swimmers & jetskis partitioned away from each other. 

Enforcement can be iffy, though I've never seen a jetski enter a designated swimming area.   Can't say the same about people swimming outside of, putting themselves in harm's way.

If not designated areas, obviously an intelligent person isn't going to swim where the jetskes are operating from.  

Again, at beaches I've been to, jetskis have never been a safety issue.  But then again, I never let the kids play in traffic either.

Not that they don't deserve the bad rep at times, but it's never been about swimmer's safety.   Just renter's safety after receiving their bill.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 11:50 PM, Red Forever said:

Just ban these anti social, dangerous toys that are not only a danger to marine life and the environment but swimmers also.

I lost count of the times my head was nearly taken off by these motorised thugs while swimming off Hua Hin beach .

Yes these machines are so dangerous for swimmers. Luckily our beach house in Hua Hin is in the restricted area by the palace, so no boats of any description were allowed because the Navy patrolled the water and police patrolled the beach and we could enjoy safe swimming without idiots on jet skis ruining it for us.  Even fishing from the beach wasn’t allowed. 

• Like 2