What happened to Bangkok 112 YouTube channel?

Kaopad999

Does anyone know what happened to Bangkok 112, or know anything of his whereabouts? 

His channel &  videos where very enjoyable . He stopped posting around early 2020 it seems, just when the pandemic started  and hasn't posted since. Anybody know what happened?
His channel has around 1million subs, so i find it very strange how he just stopped posting. There are a lot of rumors flying around that bangkok 112 died in a car crash around the time he stopped posting and responding to comments, but this is the internet so we have to take such rumors as a grain of salt. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Haha 1

I'm not a crypto guy, but I noticed he posted his BTC account address in the description box of his YouTube channel.

Went to Blockchain.com and entered his address.  It looks like after a long period of inactivity, a small net transaction out was posted yesterday.  If I'm reading it correctly, 4 transactions in, one transaction out with a net decrease of the account of $14.55.  I assume that means he's still alive.  Someone else could have access to his account, of course.  No way to be sure.

Did you already email him or send him a DM on his Twitter account?

image.png.cf98f8aa6be7c23897aa073d20a47b65.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Never heard of him, what did he tend to post about?  Something to do with the numerals of his channel's name, by any chance?

Mainly content around nightlife in south east asia. he was based in bangkok, but originally from the UK. 

1 hour ago, NotReallyHere said:

I'm not a crypto guy, but I noticed he posted his BTC account address in the description box of his YouTube channel.

Went to Blockchain.com and entered his address.  It looks like after a long period of inactivity, a small net transaction out was posted yesterday.  If I'm reading it correctly, 4 transactions in, one transaction out with a net decrease of the account of $14.55.  I assume that means he's still alive.  Someone else could have access to his account, of course.  No way to be sure.

Did you already email him or send him a DM on his Twitter account?

image.png.cf98f8aa6be7c23897aa073d20a47b65.png

That's really interesting!  so what that means is that his account has had recent activity. I'm starting to think that it's possible he had his Youtube chnanel demonetized and decied to quit. I know Youtube brouhgt in some new rules a couple of years ago to make their platform more famly friendly.   But even then with a follwing of 1 million people, you'd think he'd at least let his lotyal subscribers and fans know. Myabe that Youtube short  upload was a test to see if he could remonetize his channel?  Yes, i did send him an email and many other people have but no respsonse. 
I guess time will tell.

2 hours ago, NotReallyHere said:

It looks like after a long period of inactivity, a small net transaction out was posted yesterday

I wouldn't read to much into that. If its an exchange based wallet it could just be an inactivity fee that they can take directly from your account. Happened me last month on HitBTC. They took 12 usd worth in BTC - i thought id been hacked. Customer service confirmed the fee - introduced  late last year. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

That's really interesting!  so what that means is that his account has had recent activity. I'm starting to think that it's possible he had his Youtube chnanel demonetized and decied to quit. I know Youtube brouhgt in some new rules a couple of years ago to make their platform more famly friendly.   But even then with a follwing of 1 million people, you'd think he'd at least let his lotyal subscribers and fans know. Myabe that Youtube short  upload was a test to see if he could remonetize his channel?  Yes, i did send him an email and many other people have but no respsonse. 
I guess time will tell.

Aside from not being a crypto guy, I'm also no social media expert.  That being said, I did notice that his account is listed on socialblade.com and they report he is still making income.  I think socialblade.com is one of the biggest social media account trackers.  I would hope they screen the accounts for monetization before posting predicted income.  I'm not familiar with monetization policies, but I hope he would get something if they are showing advertisements before, during or after his videos.  I use an adblocker, so I never see any ads.  I can't verify the presence of ads.

2 minutes ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

He probably sold his YouTube account to scammers, or got hacked.

Of course that is a possibility, but scammers or hackers would most likely remove all of the content on his channel and re-upload whatever it is they want to push. And even if that were the case, i''m sure he'd be able to eventually recover his account or make a new one and update his 1 million plus subs regarding what might have happened? that channel with 1million + subs must be worth a good ammount of $$ so completely abondining it is extremely unlikely which makes me  think somnething bad did happen to him...

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NotReallyHere said:

Aside from not being a crypto guy, I'm also no social media expert.  That being said, I did notice that his account is listed on socialblade.com and they report he is still making income.  I think socialblade.com is one of the biggest social media account trackers.  I would hope they screen the accounts for monetization before posting predicted income.  I'm not familiar with monetization policies, but I hope he would get something if they are showing advertisements before, during or after his videos.  I use an adblocker, so I never see any ads.  I can't verify the presence of ads.

Good point, i was also wondering the same..

15 hours ago, ArnieP said:

He had another YT channel as well (I looked recently but failed to bookmark it) and that hasn’t been updated since 2020 either.

Oh really, i didn't know he had a second channel? 

May i ask, what makes you so sure that it was his channel? and if you manage to find it could you kindly share it with me please? 

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

Oh really, i didn't know he had a second channel? 

May i ask, what makes you so sure that it was his channel? and if you manage to find it could you kindly share it with me please? 

Thanks. 

It’s a YT thing, advisable to have a second channel, something to do with algorithms (please don’t ask me). Many YouTubers have a second channel but it is not always obvious.

The reason I reckoned he had another channel was that it had exactly the same videography, the same text and comments but with different typeface. It certainly didn’t appear to be a pastiche. Also it went cold at the same time as Bangkok  112.

It would have been more correct had I said I think he had another channel. Apologies.

I did say in my post I’d not bookmarked it.

4 minutes ago, ArnieP said:

It’s a YT thing, advisable to have a second channel, something to do with algorithms (please don’t ask me). Many YouTubers have a second channel but it is not always obvious.

The reason I reckoned he had another channel was that it had exactly the same videography, the same text and comments but with different typeface. It certainly didn’t appear to be a pastiche. Also it went cold at the same time as Bangkok  112.

It would have been more correct had I said I think he had another channel. Apologies.

I did say in my post I’d not bookmarked it.

Hey man,  not problem, i just wanted to dig a little deeper that's all. 
Anyway, it's a bit of mystery as to why he'd just abandon a channel with over a million subs. 
I guess it;s either because he was demonatized or something bad happened to him. 
i'm sure there is someone ouit there that knows him who could shed some light on the situation. but then i understand that he might want keep his identity hidden.. 

Stickman did a few write ups on him....

Bangkok112 could get the most amazing closeups of people without their knowing of any blogger on Youtube.....He is/was the best on Youtube...

I prsonally think he will start posting again one of these days...

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Kaptain Asia said:

That was about 5 years ago when the scene was much different. There's a plethora of V-loggers making similar content these days.

I have seen some pretty good videos similar to Bangkok112s.....

But...

Bangkok112s videos were just so fantastically good and so perfectly made with a camrea as steady as a rock and such unbelivable close-ups...

No one I have seen has matched this quality, consistently video after video...

Please do give us some links to others who are on this level....

Edited by redwood1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Bangkok112s videos were just so fantastically good and so perfectly made with a camrea as steady as a rock and such unbelivable close-ups...

He was using a camera hidden in the bag on his side, controlled with a smartphone in his hand. So he never faced the people he was filming, but appeared to stand at an angle, playing with his smartphone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, proton said:

Absolutely unacceptable to film people secretly like this creep did, then upload to YT to make money off it by other creeps watching the footage.

Sir if your on a public street you have given you right to privacy away.....You have no rights to privacy.....Bangkok112 had every right to film.....

Saying this.....I will say some of his videos he made INSIDE GoGo bars were really pushing legality......Which is why he stopped making them.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Despite mixed comments it seems strange if not unusual that  a YouTuber with seven figure following should just stop posting and offer no comment in 3 years.

To achieve a few hundred or a few thousand is an achievement for many a YT channel, but a million must be beyond the scope or dreams of most. Bizarre ????

Edited by ArnieP
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

He was using a camera hidden in the bag on his side, controlled with a smartphone in his hand. So he never faced the people he was filming, but appeared to stand at an angle, playing with his smartphone.

It wasn't foolproof because he was busted for filming in Nana Plaza and barred from entering the place again. I suspect that once his identity was known it was more difficult for him to operate elsewhere,

• Like 2

On 2/26/2023 at 8:05 AM, JoseThailand said:

i don't think he was hiding his camera. There are a few videos where people noticed him filming them.  He was using a Canon g7x mark ii which is a very small camera but with quite a long zoom telephoto + digital zoom. a very capable little camera but small enough so that it wouldn't draw a lot of attention to him 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2023 at 8:24 AM, proton said:

Absolutely unacceptable to film people secretly like this creep did, then upload to YT to make money off it by other creeps watching the footage.

Sorry to break it to you, but you have no rights to privacy in a public place. 

• Sad 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:00 AM, ArnieP said:

Despite mixed comments it seems strange if not unusual that  a YouTuber with seven figure following should just stop posting and offer no comment in 3 years.

To achieve a few hundred or a few thousand is an achievement for many a YT channel, but a million must be beyond the scope or dreams of most. Bizarre ????

Yes, it's a real shame. I hope he comes back. he was the godfather of these type of  Thailand and Asia vlogs. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:

i don't think he was hiding his camera. There are a few videos where people noticed him filming them.  He was using a Canon g7x mark ii which is a very small camera but with quite a long zoom telephoto + digital zoom. a very capable little camera but small enough so that it wouldn't draw a lot of attention to him 

And you know what camera he was using how?

His closeups were so fantastic......100% the camera had to be hidden....

Many have tried to copy him.....And some have done a fairly ok job......But none I have seen have matched the quality of his videos.....

17 minutes ago, Kaopad999 said:

Sorry to break it to you, but you have no rights to privacy in a public place. 

Any person annoying, troubling or causing a person to be ashamed in public by any means what so ever is an offence carrying a max one month in prison or a fine. The law needs strengthening to get up to date with creeps with a camera. From 6 mins

Edited by proton
  • Haha 1