What It Looks Like When the Far Right Takes Control of Local Government

Scott

30 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There isn’t a ‘Gay Parade’ in this news.

It’s the rightwing legislating the medical options available to minors experiencing gender dysmorphia.

Taking time out to target legislation against a very small proportion of their population.

Hate mongering in action.

Just to be clear, you think minors should (for example) be able to have their penis removed prior to being 18 and you think it's far right hatred that is the reason that kids cannot get their body parts sliced off?   I presume that being on the side of allowing minors to have such drastic, irreversible, life changing surgery you believe you are one of the good guys?!

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, James105 said:

Just to be clear, you think minors should (for example) be able to have their penis removed prior to being 18 and you think it's far right hatred that is the reason that kids cannot get their body parts sliced off?   I presume that being on the side of allowing minors to have such drastic, irreversible, life changing surgery you believe you are one of the good guys?!

With assent by doctors and a senior psychologist with an appropriate cooling off period, yes, absolutely. Failure to conduct gender reassignment surgery when appropriate can cause depression, anxiety and mental illness. This is decidedly not an issue for politicians.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, James105 said:

You’ll have to link a post in which I have said such a thing or accept you are assigning to me arguments I have never myself presented.

4 hours ago, SatEng said:

It seems you do need educating about the subject as you don't seem to have a critical understanding of what religious beliefs are and the harm that they have done to many people in history, and would continue to inflict harm of allowed to be in charge of government at national or local levels.

Just wait to see what bigotry this "local" government will try to put forward - as has been seen in the past with many similar instances

Sorry, I just can't take your post seriously. The inquisition ended centuries ago. How does believing in forgiveness and treating others as you want to be treated harm anyone?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sorry, I just can't take your post seriously. The inquisition ended centuries ago. How does believing in forgiveness and treating others as you want to be treated harm anyone?

It’s Time to Talk About Violent Christian Extremism

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/02/04/qanon-christian-extremism-nationalism-violence-466034

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yes, good reference!  Keep an eye out for Mike Flynn, he's been stumping with this stuff since last summer, I think he's connected to Dec 2020 WH crowd, like pillowguy, overstockguy, etc.  I'm anticipating his effect on the GOP primaries, he'll make himself known soon enough.  I don't know if he intends to run himself.