"Death Highway" again - Poh Teck Tung driver dead, many injuries as two pick-ups collide in NE

webfact

22 hours ago, kwilco said:

You have no evidence to support that.

TheCivic isn't just one model so you aren't even making a proper comparison so your conclusions are unfounded.

Here is a test Civic crash test results for ASEAN

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/auto/cars-uvs/new-honda-civic-gets-five-star-rating-in-asean-ncap-crash-test/articleshow/87585753.cms

I think you owns a Civic, like I did before, no I don't have to prove it to you but I've seen it with my own eyes, what more could you ask for.

6 minutes ago, Tubulat said:

I think you owns a Civic, like I did before, no I don't have to prove it to you but I've seen it with my own eyes, what more could you ask for.

You are like others doing a "Russells Teapot" argument - you hven't got a case as you simply don't knoww even which model you are talking about.

On 2/23/2023 at 8:59 PM, NorthernRyland said:

So all the road rules we follow in the US have no results? Thailand has no enforcement of anything driving laws (outside of check points) so that would be the US should follow and stop enforcing all laws? Help me understand how this could be true.

Sorry, I’m not going to help anyone here to read any of my posts due to lack of reading comprehension, especially if one is only capable of comprehending one or two sentences and deducing it to the whole post. ????

On 2/23/2023 at 9:51 PM, kwilco said:

Unlike places like Europe, Australia and New Zealand the USA haven’t adopted the “safe System’.

The motoring laws are enforced individually state by state the figures put then 4 to 5 time higher than the better nations in Europe.

Most Europeans follow the rules of the road and are policed by consent. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/22/2023 at 4:26 PM, kwilco said:

There you go "these people' - the purely racist and erroneous assumption. I was talking about - why is it that Westerners assume tey are so better at driving than Thai people? In fact they are so bad at driving on Thai roads they spend most of their time concocting vitriolic nonsense about other road users, yet claim they themselves are superb drivers. They have nothing to back this up except their own prejudices and confirmation bias

I'm 60 and got my license just over 3 1/2 years ago. I have certainly made some bad decisions when driving (luckily not been in an accident yet although one very close call - entirely my fault) and would definitely not say I am a good driver. What I have noticed in the short time that I have been upcountry is that there are far more pickups on the road and some of the pickup drivers are a bit boy racerish. I felt much safer driving in Bangkok. 

20 minutes ago, kwilco said:

I don't think you know what the "Safe System" is.

from a description

Traffic safety culture encompasses the values and beliefs we share, 

As I said "most Europeans"..... 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I'm 60 and got my license just over 3 1/2 years ago. I have certainly made some bad decisions when driving (luckily not been in an accident yet although one very close call - entirely my fault) and would definitely not say I am a good driver. What I have noticed in the short time that I have been upcountry is that there are far more pickups on the road and some of the pickup drivers are a bit boy racerish. I felt much safer driving in Bangkok. 

Bangkok has just about the lowest death rate in Thailand .... as Thailand has the highest pickup ownerships in the world , I'd hardly say that it includes only one type of driver.

What you are describing about yourself is normal human error that encompasses all nationalities....you happen to acknowledge it.

28 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

from a description

As I said "most Europeans"..... 

So you still don't understand what it is.

One thing is basic to the Safe System is it doesnt rely on race to work

Edited by kwilco

On 2/24/2023 at 6:17 PM, Tubulat said:

"Seen it with my own eyes" unfortunately the owner of those eyes doesn't know what they are looking at.....