Non-O Immigrant E-Visa Question - Urgent

Hi everyone,

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/

I am from the United Kingdom and I am married to my Thai wife. I am in the process of applying for a Non-O Immigrant E-Visa so that I may join my wife in Thailand and convert my visa to a marriage visa (extension of stay based on marriage) when in Thailand.

I have run into a couple of problems when going through the application though.

1. Minimum funds stated are 10,000GBP

I spoke to the London Thai Embassy via email and they confirmed that a single-entry visa was 1,000GBP and multiple entry 10,000GBP deposited in bank account 30 days before application.

Why on my application when single entry has been selected is it asking for 10,000GBP?

2. Return date is mandatory

What should I put as my return date when I have no intention of returning to the UK?

Thank you so much for your help!

thai.jpg

Edited by JimmyBrown
included website and image

how are you going to prove the financial requirement for the yearly extension based on marriage (400,000thb in a Thai bank account in your name only)

just apply for the single entry non immigrant visa with the £1,000 proof, see if they issue it,

you could enter on a visa exempt entry and than convert to non immigrant 'O' visa once in Thailand,( 400,000thb in bank account on day of application only) then do the yearly extension.( 400,000thb in bank account for 2 months prior to application) proof of flight out of Thailand within the entry stamp validity may be required by your airline.

a trip to Savannakhet to obtain a non imm visa with no financial requirements is possible either single or multi entry.

• Like 1

I am planning on depositing the money in my Thai bank account upon arrival. I have the money, just not deposited all in the one bank account and not for the required time of 30 days before application.

I am confused as I was told 1,000GBP for a single entry 30 days before application was enough. Why am I seeing 10,000GBP for a single entry on the e-visa application?

I meet the requirement for the 1,000GBP 30 days before application already but not the 10,000GBP for 30 days. The embassy information provided is directly contradicted by the application website...

The website is wrong as I showed 10000 pounds in my savings account but they sent me a email saying they wanted to se my every day  account with a minimum of 1000 pounds of witch I don't keep in my account so I transferred the 1000 pounds the same day and this was  OK. If you arrive on visa on arrival you get 45 days then you can extend it for 30 days this would be OK  for the 400000tbt for 2 months. Enjoy. 

1 hour ago, kelboy said:

The website is wrong as I showed 10000 pounds in my savings account but they sent me a email saying they wanted to se my every day  account with a minimum of 1000 pounds of witch I don't keep in my account so I transferred the 1000 pounds the same day and this was  OK. If you arrive on visa on arrival you get 45 days then you can extend it for 30 days this would be OK  for the 400000tbt for 2 months. Enjoy. 

There's no seasoning requirement when applying for a non-o visa at immigration. It is only required when applying for a 1 year year extension of stay.

When I applied last month it was asking for proof of insurance (which isn't required for a non -O). My point being just upload what you know to be correct.

If the embassy have said that £1000 is enough then upload statements showing that. You'll be fine. 

(I go my visa in 2days)

• Like 1

Planning on calling the embassy tomorrow to see what the definitive answer is to this as I am getting conflicting information. The e-visa website clearly states 10,000GBP with no minimum time requirement for both single and multiple entry.

Whereas, the Thai Embassy London itself is claiming it is 1,000GBP for single and 10,000GBP for multiple, funds deposited at least 30 days before application. 

See pictures below.

thai embassy london.jpg

thai.jpg