Foreign teachers no longer required to do an education course

decline

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Interesting. Thanks for the info. 

I am not sure which schools exactly you mean, but I know guys who just did the PGCEi and are earning 100-140k at international schools, yet they still don't qualify for the new 2 year P-License and have had to sign up for the 7 modules course.

How to tell the difference between a Krusapa school and an OBEC school?

Is there a list of OBEC governed schools?

It's not the difference between OBEC and KSP.

Any school that is governed by OBEC need their teachers to have a licence or waiver from KSP.

There will be a list somewhere.

On 8/5/2024 at 10:28 PM, youreavinalaff said:

Any school that is governed by OBEC need their teachers to have a licence or waiver from KSP.

There will be a list somewhere.

I guess it's just the schools accredited by the Council of International Schools that are proper international schools and are not governed by OBEC?

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I would love to see them enforce the 'bachelors in education'' rule.  98 percent of teachers deported overnight.

Now we have a Thai teacher with a degree in glue sniffing and shaving kids heads.

Why would they be deported? They'd just work until their work permit and extension of stay expired and move on, unless they have a waiver with a year left. Then they would be able get another extension and renew their work permit for a further year.

Doesn't make sense to me, except that Thailand pays 40% less for teachers and allows a bunch of BS visa scams from the schools. China pays better and gives real visas with no messing around. Get there in August.

19 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

I would love to see them enforce the 'bachelors in education'' rule.  98 percent of teachers deported overnight.

Now we have a Thai teacher with a degree in glue sniffing and shaving kids heads.

What's wrong with DipEd, PGCE, or MEd?

• Agree 1

On 3/6/2023 at 12:36 PM, BananaStrong said:

Sorry, I cannot agree with you. 

Teachers should be ROLE MODELS!!!!    Oh, hi student, I'm here to "educate" you but I felt education wasn't important in my life.  You need a degree, but, as your teacher, I don't.  A degree, IMO, is worthless, but I'll make a great teacher!!! I'll probably lie to you and tell you I have a degree, but I'm sure I'm better than everyone else.  Compared to teachers who actually didn't quit their education, I'm better!!!!    I'm a failure and couldn't finish school, but I'm telling you I'm better!!!  Yes, I'm your teacher.  

lol

Hey, look at Bill Gates!!!  He dropped out of school!!   He got into Harvard, one of the hardest universities in the world to get accepted at, but I'm the same!!!  NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.....................................NO< NO< NO> NO!!!  

lol

Oh yes like the teachers with degrees that couldn't actually teach that I had.

Seems some on here failed in comprehension given the garbage replies, and that certainly applies to the one that likes insulting posters that can't respond in kind.

I said I'd have obtained a TEFL before applying to teach in Thailand but didn't because I wasn't going to spend 3 years at uni to get a degree to get a pitiful teacher's salary in LOS.

I am a qualified instructor, but to the snobs on here, that is obviously not good enough- role model LOL. Sure, role model in how to drink like a fish and write garbage in forums.

Obviously, I should have wasted 3 years of my life to obtain a degree in basket weaving or some such stupidity, as that would certainly make me a better teacher.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh yes like the teachers with degrees that couldn't actually teach that I had.

Seems some on here failed in comprehension given the garbage replies, and that certainly applies to the one that likes insulting posters that can't respond in kind.

I said I'd have obtained a TEFL before applying to teach in Thailand but didn't because I wasn't going to spend 3 years at uni to get a degree to get a pitiful teacher's salary in LOS.

I am a qualified instructor, but to the snobs on here, that is obviously not good enough- role model LOL. Sure, role model in how to drink like a fish and write garbage in forums.

Obviously, I should have wasted 3 years of my life to obtain a degree in basket weaving or some such stupidity, as that would certainly make me a better teacher.

Your admission to visa fraud is good enough for me.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Your admission to visa fraud is good enough for me.

Have you been using illegal substances or are you pissed already?

Just what visa am I supposed to have fraudulently obtained?

Some guys on here should learn to read before posting.

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you been using illegal substances or are you pissed already?

Just what visa am I supposed to have fraudulently obtained?

Some guys on here should learn to read before posting.

"I said I'd have obtained a TEFL before applying to teach in Thailand but didn't because I wasn't going to spend 3 years at uni to get a degree to get a pitiful teacher's salary in LOS."

This implies that you have neither the TEFL or the degree. So what qualifications do you have?

A degree is not a superfluous requirement. TEFL/CLETA/TESOL covers a lot of technical information that native speakers do not learn. Again, not superfluous. Maybe it is less important for canned lessons but that is not a great way to teach either.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 3:23 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

"I said I'd have obtained a TEFL before applying to teach in Thailand but didn't because I wasn't going to spend 3 years at uni to get a degree to get a pitiful teacher's salary in LOS."

This implies that you have neither the TEFL or the degree. So what qualifications do you have?

A degree is not a superfluous requirement. TEFL/CLETA/TESOL covers a lot of technical information that native speakers do not learn. Again, not superfluous. Maybe it is less important for canned lessons but that is not a great way to teach either.

I had neither a degree, a TEFL or a teaching job in LOS. I chose to stay on a non O instead and not have a job at all.

I actually taught a lot as a qualified instructor, but that obviously didn't require a degree and only in NZ.