Inside the Kremlin's Year of Ukraine Propaganda

onthedarkside

image.png.87d1a66b6b764f1f60c0abce6a28630c.png

Three weeks after Russia invaded Ukraine last Feb. 24, a video appeared on a Ukrainian news site that seemed to show President Volodymyr Zelensky imploring his fellow countrymen to stop fighting and urging soldiers to lay down their weapons.

“There is no need to die in this war,” he seemed to say in the video, which was widely circulated on social media and appeared briefly on Ukrainian television with a news ticker suggesting that he had fled the country. “I advise you to live.”

The video—a crude deepfake that had been posted by hackers—was quickly taken down and debunked, it was dismissed by the real Zelensky as a “childish provocation,” and roundly mocked online as an example of Russia’s desperate and often cartoonish attempts to spread fake news.

https://time.com/6257372/russia-ukraine-war-disinformation

image.png.b97fd1df9f9c00f37cd11f085fd8bd8c.png

• Like 1

Thanks onthedarkside interesting reading thank god I’m American and have the freedom to sift through the bs and gaslighting I find it incredible that dissent in Putin’s Russia can get you 15 years In the slammer the russan people deserve better hopefully soon Mr Putin can be given flying lessons without benefit of a flying machine if you get my drift kinda depressing and disheartening 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1