Phuket authorities introduce “red card” system for foreigners who break the law

webfact

On 3/2/2023 at 10:11 AM, webfact said:

Thailand, to crack down on bad behaviour or law-breaking by foreigners

About bloody time.

Remove these trouble makers.

DEPORT 

As I've always said, the worst thing about Thailand is some of the foreigners.

Edited by Cricky
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 5:59 PM, edogthong said:

The open xenophobia and racism is getting out of hand. What a way to welcome back the tourists! I can't stand certain aspects of Thailand.

To be fair, the type of foreigners visiting Phuket during high season don't exactly command respect or welcome feelings.

9 hours ago, edogthong said:

Another unwise but totally predictable knee jerk reaction from the "if you don't like it, go home" mob. Do you people ever take a second to reflect before cheering on every dystopian idea?

Go ahead and just assume that a rule like this would only ever be applied to those that deserve it and never used as a tool of corruption and never affect innocent people.

If you don't like it feel free to go back to your own country. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, redwood1 said:

Its good to see the boot lickers are always ready to crush any independent thought..

You're free to leave also. 

No one's forcing you to stay, so stop your complainting. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Foghorn said:

Link what , , it was a question , many people have been cheated by their other halves here and this will help make easier for them

Link to a representative comparable example to show why your hypothetical is justified as a real question at all, rather than mere hysteria arising from the usual paranoia and victimism.

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1

On 3/2/2023 at 12:59 PM, Scouse123 said:

I have an opinion on this.

Pieces of camel dung.

Quit Pro Quo.

And UK starts deporting the Thai prostitutes who marry gullible Brits and then divorce them as soon as they gain UK residency. 

They then resort to growing weed, using massage as a " front" to sell sex etc.

Let's throw them out of the UK.

And whilst we're at it, sequestrate any property registered in a Thai name.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 1:20 PM, Jackbenimble said:

why are you looking for loopholes in something that probably doesn't even apply to you or affect you? it is aimed at those foreigners who are a pain in the ass and dont respect the law or the culture of the country they are in. Most foreigners who live here get this, and most are tired of drunken idiots fighting and driving around as if there are no laws. There ARE and if you break them you should expect there to be some punishment to be meted out.

eh up.. mostly with u here.. i am looking at feasibility from a lawful or/and legal perspective rather than morality...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/3/2023 at 10:37 AM, Captain Monday said:

Bravo to the Red card proposal!

My country is full of anti-social useless lowlifes. I have read 30 percent plus males have an arrest record and we cant get rid of them either. This is not about Thais. Entering Thailand is a privilege for Foreigners not a right.  More should  can be done to keep out foreign crims in the first place by requiring criminal record checks but off course foreign scofflaws and trouble makers should be sanctioned of re-entry to the Kingdom.

Interesting !!! And where do YOU lie on this spectrum between being highly moral  and a low life ???

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 11:55 PM, Bangkocker said:

Interesting !!! And where do YOU lie on this spectrum between being highly moral  and a low life ???

I never said I was highly moral or even good. Simply I do not commit crimes on purpose.

Criminal records should be checked for all not just a few visa types like OA. 

Let the Thais decide who to let in in the first place.  Those who have done porridge or been arrested and fined for a number of anti-social offenses that define the criminal lifestyle in their own country are due a bit of scrutiny are they not?

23 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I never said I was highly moral or even good. Simply I do not commit crimes on purpose.

Criminal records should be checked for all not just a few visa types like OA. 

Let the Thais decide who to let in in the first place.  Those who have done porridge or been arrested and fined for a number of anti-social offenses that define the criminal lifestyle in their own country are due a bit of scrutiny are they not?

Quote: 'My country is full of anti-social useless lowlifes' How do you know that ???? Seems a rather brash statement. Why don't you just let the host country decide on whom they will allow in. And I'm sure they already do. In some countries it's possible to get a criminal record for running a red light. Is that valid reason for barring a person into a country? Bye now. Don't bother replying as I wont read it. Not interested in sanctimony.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1