ganga plants in chiang mai

danoli49

I think it's seeds, not plants.  You can plant what you want and only grow your allowance......I think I read this last year.  Try a Google search where to get "cannabis or ganja seeds in Thailand". Multiples places that will send you an order of seeds.   Leafly.com is good source of information before you buy seeds and then work weeks or months to grow and cultivate and the result is less than expected.  Make sure that when you buy a packet of seeds that it or the breeder who produced them can list where the seeds came from and how they were crossed and/or backcrossed to get the seed that you hold in your hand. If you can’t get a seed’s history, it could be anything and the result of poor breeding practices.  Good luck to your wife.  Post some pics, let others know your experience.  Thanks

13 hours ago, danoli49 said:

my wife wants to buy her allowance of ganga plants . any recommendations for a good place to buy them in chiang mai

Everything I sourced in Thailand wasn't worth the effort of growing.

Try here for legit seeds, 10 pounds postage, 10 days delivery.

https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/

PS. Seeds don't keep well in Thailand, best to plant as soon as you get them.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 2

Kamthieng Flower Market - everything from seedlings through to nearly fully grown plants. They will be Thai Stick/native strains though. If you want a clone or something more exotic, Lanna Botanical - I think you can order directly but they also do market stalls around the place - top owner who knows his stuff and is happy to discuss growing with you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NedR69 said:

I think it's seeds, not plants.  You can plant what you want and only grow your allowance......I think I read this last year.  Try a Google search where to get "cannabis or ganja seeds in Thailand". Multiples places that will send you an order of seeds.   Leafly.com is good source of information before you buy seeds and then work weeks or months to grow and cultivate and the result is less than expected.  Make sure that when you buy a packet of seeds that it or the breeder who produced them can list where the seeds came from and how they were crossed and/or backcrossed to get the seed that you hold in your hand. If you can’t get a seed’s history, it could be anything and the result of poor breeding practices.  Good luck to your wife.  Post some pics, let others know your experience.  Thanks

If it was only seeds, why were Mae Jo Uni giving away plants when it first came in? It's not only seeds, you can buy grown plants at Kamthieng. 

4 hours ago, NedR69 said:

We noticed young plants for sale in Chiang Mai's Kampthieng market as well in a branch of Big C (next to the rosemary).

When I looked at the Kham Thiang Market a month ago, all I saw were CBD (as opposed to THC) strains.  You're also taking a chance buying a young plant grown from a non-feminized seed (as some of the sellers may have done) before it flowers as you might get a male.  Better to buy seeds or clones from a legit source, imho.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, flare said:

When I looked at the Kham Thiang Market a month ago, all I saw were CBD (as opposed to THC) strains.  You're also taking a chance buying a young plant grown from a non-feminized seed (as some of the sellers may have done) before it flowers as you might get a male.  Better to buy seeds or clones from a legit source, imho.

I'm there every week and always look around. Yes, every plant I have seen there and asked the grower about has almost 0 THC and almost every plant there is a male!

Kamthieng is not the place to buy cannabis plants.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, elektrified said:

I'm there every week and always look around. Yes, every plant I have seen there and asked the grower about has almost 0 THC and almost every plant there is a male!

Kamthieng is not the place to buy cannabis plants.

Yup- I grow a couple plants at a time indoors, and I don't want to spend weeks/months (depending on how long I let it veg and how long it takes to show whether it's male or female) wasting resources/nutrients only to find out it's a male.  Occasionally, a supplement shop will toss a few free 'mystery' seeds into an order, and I'll just give them away to someone who doesn't mind taking a chance.  You can get a feminized seed from a good source for ~200 baht (maybe less, though definitely more depending on the strain), or a clone for ~400 baht (maybe less these days as there are several places selling them) where you know you're going to get a female.

• Like 1