Wise - So much for seconds or hours, how about days

10 hours ago, Caldera said:

I've never understood the fascination with WISE, it has always been quite an unreliable option.

Meanwhile I could do SWIFT transfers from back home to my Thai bank account that arrived 1-2 business days later right when I opened my first Thai bank account in 2004. They still work the same and have been reliable ever since, never an issue.

Then I read all the WISE reports on here. Coding issues for the retirees, a ridiculously low 50,000 baht transfer limit unless transferring to 3 select banks, payment delays, blame games with the partner banks if and when something goes wrong, the list keeps growing.

A bit much aggravation just to save a few dollars?

in five years of using wise, have never had a problem, always fast and a good rate with very low fees. Saying that a friend has been using wise for about 3 years UK to Thailand like me transfering £2,000 each month, then about two weeks ago he sent £100 to his son in Germany and then he had a email from Wise saying that he could no longer use wise and that the decision was final and no discussion will be entered on. He has no idea what he did wrong if anything. Crazy

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

in five years of using wise, have never had a problem, always fast and a good rate with very low fees. Saying that a friend has been using wise for about 3 years UK to Thailand like me transfering £2,000 each month, then about two weeks ago he sent £100 to his son in Germany and then he had a email from Wise saying that he could no longer use wise and that the decision was final and no discussion will be entered on. He has no idea what he did wrong if anything. Crazy

oh dear, hope that doen't happen to me as I do my monthly retirement transfer and quite a few to my sons in Dubai.

No problems for 5 years yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stupidfarang said:

Similar thing happened to me, account cancelled no reason given.

New email address, gf’s phone number ( changing back to my old number after a couple of months ) , back up and running.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 8:50 AM, ozfarang said:

Sent today(this morning) and arrived in my account in 30 seconds.

Wow, seconds, just as they advertised ????

I've lost count of how many times its been instant or certainly quicker than it takes to log into SCB app maybe 4-5 seconds

That accounts for probably 98% of transfers including those sent at weekends......the 2% is below

I had one transfer that took 10 minutes and couple years ago one landed the next morning

People get bent out of shape but they need to look at themselves because its you thats being red flagged on the transfer for reasons various and causing delays

(Black suit diver boy....seriously dont bother)

Edited by Chivas
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2023 at 7:11 PM, KhunBENQ said:

Similar for me.
But the case in the OP is different as announced for Tuesday.

I sent EUR to Bangkok Bank, purpose for long stay and receive next weekday at 2:xx PM.

When I send on Friday it is Monday.

But as others wrote coming Monday March 6 is a public/bank holiday.

I am fortunate enough that I don't drain my funds to zero, so a day or two doesn't hit me.

I sent on last Friday March 3rd.  I received it today, March 9th after 2pm.  Transfer to SCB using the Wise code - 'for long-term stay in Thailand'.

Here is the message I received from SCB (without my account or amount - but under 200K THB):

There is a transfer of money xxxx baht from SAWASDEESHOP, account X-1661, SCB bank into account X-nnnn date 09/03/2023 @14:01 via ENET

WTH is SAWASDEESHOP???

I'm going to have a long, hard discussion with Wise support.

I've ask Wise to trace the transfer and give me a reason for the delay.  SAWASDEESHOP - really?  What the h***.  Where does a firm called SAWASDEESHOP fit into the Thai banking system? 

• Haha 1