Options for upcoming trip to stay at least 90 days

I was planning to get a tourist visa (TR) and I took a flight for 20th March, return is like 89 days later.
Now my passport took a long time to be renewed and I'll only get it on the 7th March.
Asking for TR visa seems to take roughly 3 weeks/1 month, therefore this is no longer an option.

I'm from France so I'm elligible to visa exempt entry of 45 days (until 31 March), however if I get that right I'll need proof of exit to enter this way.

So I'm thinking to do a trip to Vietnam at the end for 45 days, two weeks in Vietnam, come back to get another 30-days visa exempt and extend it 30 days to reach my return flight date.

That would be 45 + 15 (in Vietnam) + 30 (back to Thailand) = 90, so my return flight should be ok to serve as proof on the second entry.

Then I could still move it and ask for another 30 days extension for a total of 120 days. This seems like the easiest so far.

If I understand correctly, I can't just go on visa exempt, while asking for the tourist visa from France and make it start when I come back from Vietnam to Thailand because I would be in the country while the visa is processed.

Otherwise I was thinking to do roughly the same thing but ask for a tourist visa in Vietnam instead, but I'm not sure how much time I'd need to stay there to get it.

In those cases I would do 45 + 15 + 60 days (tourist visa) + 30 days (extension) for a total of 150 days.

I'm a bit lost with all this stuff, I would very much appreciate some help in figuring this out ????

Are all those options doable or am I missing something maybe ?

Edited by Escaflowne
  • Thumbs Up 1

I coming soon to Phuket from Manchester UK with Etihad on a 6mth Return ticket - entering on 45 day Visa waiver then converting to O-Visa Retirement based on age 50;

Was gonna just Rock up at check-in and, if asked about length of stay tell the truth as above (its a return tckt all be it in 6 mths) which I am returning on in truth. in all my years on this route with return tckts I have only ever been asked once by Etihad about status and that time they accepted my explanation of doing a 30 day extension in Phuket (this was on a rtn tckt of 90 days about 10 yrs ago, 2 mth TR + 30 day extension) Would the airline want to see flight out within the 45 day initial visa waiver limit? 

Think seeing the option of a $14 burner flight ticket out is great for piece of mind, thanks

27 minutes ago, Lokie said:

Would the airline want to see flight out within the 45 day initial visa waiver limit? 

Think seeing the option of a $14 burner flight ticket out is great for piece of mind, thanks

The airline can very well insist upon onward flight.

Many threads about this.

Sometimes requested and sometimes not.

You can buy the cheapest throw away ticket or check out sites such as "onward flight.com" 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The airline can very well insist upon onward flight.

Many threads about this.

Sometimes requested and sometimes not.

You can buy the cheapest throw away ticket or check out sites such as "onward flight.com" 

Thanks for input,

looked at OnwardTicket.com as mentioned earlier think will buy me one of them for $14 and sleep easier, checked reviews of the site etc seems no worries